Chapter Fourteen: Drama Mama

It was early the next morning when Clark woke up feeling refreshed. There was no comprehension when he found himself waking up all alone in his room. The curtains were open, allowing sunlight to glimmer into the room. His room was still as messy as before, but there were a few things tidied up as well. If he wasn't mistaken, he could tell there was a feminine touch added somewhere, irreplaceably.

After checking the time, Clark went back to sleep. Not long after he did, the door clicked and swung open. Rachel peeked into the room and quickly traced them over to the bed where Clark laid in prolonged slumber.

A smirk tugged on the corner of her lips as she began to make her way over to where he laid and climbed back into bed with him. After only just coming out of the shower, Rachel's hair was still damp and a darker shade of brown as she allowed it to hang loosely behind her back. Her wet hair dragged along the second pillow that which she rested hers on. Her hand came up to his face and lightly brushed her fingertips along his features.

This brought a tickling sensation that that ultimately awoke Clark from his slumber. Blue orbs matched the stare of the green ones staring back at him. Even when she was caught tracing her fingertips around his face, Rachel didn't stop, nor did Clark stop her.

"Good morning." Clark greeted with his morning voice.

"Hi." Rachel purred as she brushed strands of hair off of his forehead. "How did you sleep?"

"Pretty good actually. How about you?"

"The best sleep I had in a long time."

His eyes lingered on hers but he couldn't help but draw them away to the rest of her features. Her smile, her lips, her earring and then her hair. Everything about her, he adored: how he wanted to kiss her again and relive last night for the lustful euphoria they both got when they kissed; how the bliss created a supernova that connected them spiritually as either unknowingly fell harder and harder for the other.

"What?" Rachel asked with a sweet and gentle, snapping him out of his thoughts.

Her words hit him like a lover's caress. Every time she spoke, it carried a heavenly effect that seemed to make his heart flutter. The touch of her skin made him jump for joy that he had somebody to love and hold, to reciprocate those feelings. The stare that penetrated through every wall he put up torn down in an instant, capturing him and succumbing Clark under her spell.

"Are you in love with me or something? You're giving me those vibes, babe." Rachel teased, letting out a little giggle.

"There she goes again. With the whole 'babe' thing. I can't tell if she's serious or just being flirty." Clark thought to himself before he spoke aloud. "N-Nothin'. I'm just trying to wake up, that's all. What time is it?"

"We got time."

Clark let out a heavy sigh through his nostrils as he threw the bedsheet off his body and threw his legs over the bed. The bed dipped as he sat up and made his way over to his closet. From his list of clothing, he withdrew a long-sleeved shirt, a brown leather trench coat and blue jeans along with white and blue sneakers. Rachel watched him as Clark undressed to change into his new clothes, blushing when he bore down to his underwear then into his new set of clothes.

His thumbs fit through holes cut into the wrist of the sleeves as he tugged on his clothes to ensure maximum comfort before he turned around to face his girlfriend.

"How do I look?" Clark asked as his fingers combed through his hair.

"Cute." She replied quickly. "Let's head downstairs. Your mom is making us breakfast."