Chapter Twelve: Baby Just Say Yes

It was six pm and Joyce wasn't home. 

For the whole two hours Clark was at home, he'd been stressing over the lecture he would cop from his mother - without the realisation that Joyce was working the night shift that Thursday evening. So all he did was lie on his bed in his room and listen to music as he allowed himself to escape into his own dreamland. 

Meanwhile, Chloe was still out of the house in isolation. She was in the junkyard planning on her own escape from Arcadia Bay. Thanks to her skills in vehicle repairs, Chloe was able to make substantial progress. Things were starting to go downhill for Chloe so in the spur of the moment she felt she just had to leave Arcadia for good. But she couldn't just turn her back on her mother and brother. 

Around seven, Clark began to plan out what he was going to wear for that evening. He didn't want to go all out but he didn't want to under-dress either. Eventually, he chose to go with tan khaki pants, a simple plain white t-shirt, black canvas shoes and his favourite black leather jacket. It was a simple attire but something that he was happy with to go out in. 

Clark heard his phone buzz and checked for messages. 

From: SHE-DEVIL 
Bad news: Dick-tator David is planning on moving in soon. 

From: SHE-DEVIL
Just thought I'd give you the heads up. 

To: SHE-DEVIL 
I kinda got that impression when he yelled at me about the fight earlier. 

To: SHE-DEVIL
Thanks for the heads up tho. 

From: SHE-DEVIL 
I won't be able to answer for a while. I'm hiding at the junkyard. Working on this truck. 

To: SHE-DEVIL
Okay. I'm at the diner having dinner. So I'll be on DND as well. 

From: SHE-DEVIL
C u 2morrow

Given that the diner where his mother worked was only a few blocks away, Clark had no worries about when to leave, only that he had to pass by the florist along the way. 

As he began to creep out of his room, Clark could hear the television broadcast sport. He paid no attention to it as he made his way out the front door where he was greeted by the cold evening air. He proceeded to walk off under the street lamps towards the Two Whales Diner. There was little to no disturbance as he walked along with his hands in his pockets and his music playing through his earbuds. 

It was an ideal way to escape reality but in this case it was his distraction from the journey to the diner. Other occasions such as that were more enjoyable yet Clark could not relax. 

When he was brought back to reality, Clark found himself walking up a familiar road towards the Two Whales Diner. The florist was up a ways ahead, giving Clark the opportunity to get Rachel flowers. Slowing his walking pace, Clark approached the florist and began to scan his eyes across every flower in hope of finding the right one. 

Clark pondered about what flower type would be ideal for Rachel; with more difficulty provided that he never got to ask what was her favourite flower. In particular, Clark was stuck between green flowers to match her eyes or blue to match her feather earring.

"Having trouble choosing?" A soft, feminine voice sang out. 

His attention was drawn onto a young girl no older than he. She was too young to work at the florist but she seemed astute with her flowers seeing as how she approached Clark with confidence and charisma. The girl had dirty-blonde hair tied up in a bun and eyes that matched a similar shade of her hair colour. Her clothing was thick due to the chilly temperatures but she still seemed quite uncomfortable as she clung onto the strap of her satchel.