Chapter Five: Just Another Day At Blackwell

Waking up to calm and tranquil music was a delightful experience for Clark Price.

After a long night out, Clark seemed to get some decent sleep in preparation for another day of class. Lazily, he picked himself up and checked the time to see whether he had time for a shower. Luckily for him, he had plenty of time for a shower and for breakfast. 

Clark looked at himself in the mirror and noticed how messy he looked. It didn't matter too much regarding his bed hair but he flattened it as much as he could before he grabbed a new pair of clothes, a towel and headed to the boys bathroom. 

Nobody was out and about when Clark entered the chilly corridor. Upon entering the bathroom, Clark found himself alone yet again but happy with the privacy he was given. 

Shortly thereafter, the shower awoke Clark at last. 

As he returned to his room almost fully decent for his day out, he made sure to take all of his belongings with him before he headed out with his backpack hung over his right shoulder. The growling of his stomach made him all the more anxious to gorge food down his gullet.

Clark walked out of the dormitory block and wandered into the main building towards the cafeteria. Everything was calm and peaceful until somebody ran into him, unbalancing him as he got thrown onto the steps leading towards the entrance to the school. 

Behind him was a football jock intimidating and pestering the son of the richest family in Arcadia Bay: Nathan Prescott. 

The Prescott's were known famously for being the oldest rich and influential family across Arcadia Bay: most of the town was under the Prescott's thumb; particularly Blackwell Academy which relied heavily on rejuvenation. 

So with a Prescott son attending Blackwell, his popularity was outcast for many people, but in addition to him being treated as a pariah and the horrible treatment from his own father, Nathan Prescott was evolving into a twisted human being in desperate need of love and proper consultation for his mental illness. Nathan was treated horribly by one of the senior jocks who seemed to be the newest target for the jock to harass. 

Said jock was so cruel that he would eventually be outmoded by what Nathan Prescott would do in the coming years. In the present time, Nathan was chased by the jock, Drew North, where he ended up bumping into Clark, dropping a book he had on his person that he was trying to protect from the likes of Drew. 

"What have you got here, Twitch?" Drew disparaged the smaller, blonde boy. 

It upset Nathan for the fact that Drew belittled him by calling him names and for the fact that he finally managed to get his hands on his property, even going as far to mock him for the content within his book. 

"Oh wow. This is some really weird crap, Prescott." 

"It's not yours. Give it back!" Nathan commanded as he lunged at Drew for the book in his hands. 

"I hate that you're on the team now. You're such a loser. You earn a spot on the squad, Twitch. You don't have your dad try to buy off the coach." 

The fact that Drew was bigger and taller than Nathan didn't prevent the blonde boy from firing a shot back at the jock. 

"At least my family pays tuition. How much financial aid does your deadbeat dad need again?" Nathan retaliated brutishly.