Chapter Nine: Trouble Cleff

There was disbelief over the meeting.

Clark was still trying to wrap his head around the fact that his own sister saved his ass from getting expelled and Rachel from being kicked out of The Tempest.

Nobody said a thing until they were outside of Mr Wells' office.

"Looks like you owe me for this one, little bro." Chloe said casually.

"I... owe you?" Clark repeated. An amused, doubtful expression crossed his face as he said this.

"I'll take two hundred dollars repayment."

Rachel looked amusingly at the siblings bickering. It only dawned on her that they still needed to get to class but the idea popped into her mind that she could trick her morning class teacher of her attending a meeting with the principal.

When Clark's attention was no longer on his sister, the girl of his interest piped up, bringing his and Chloe's attention onto her.

"Do you guys know who could've owned those drugs?" Rachel asked sceptically curiously.

The twins looked at her sceptically as the thought hadn't crossed their minds as to who could deceived Skip and Mr Wells over the real owner of the bag of drugs.

Clark thought long and hard about whom he could've upset or whose bad side he got on but it vaguely narrowed down to two people.

His deep thoughts brought Rachel's attention onto him.

Rachel noticed his constipated expression and called out to him. "Clark? Got any ideas?"

When he caught Rachel staring at him, Clark succumbed to her gentle stare. She seemed to have a way if making Clark nervous around her, given that he already felt butterflies in his stomach simply for being around her.

Suddenly, Chloe got an idea.

"Hey. You'd think that Ray Wells would have security cameras to monitor his little 'perfect school.' So you'd think that somebody would have access to those cameras." Chloe spoke up, putting forward her thoughts out loud.

"Chloe, you're not thinking what I think you're thinking...?" Clark grumbled with a shake of his head in disapproval of her motives.

Innocently, Rachel glanced back and forth from each sibling until Clark explained to her Chloe's idea.

"Chloe wants to steal Skip's keys."

A smile formed on Rachel's face, much to the surprise of both Clark and Chloe.

"That... is a good idea." Rachel praised.

Clark's eyes widened at how she could support Chloe's idea, but given that his sister wasn't such a good influence herself towards somebody as rogue as Rachel Amber, it didn't surprise him him very much.

"She could be right with this," said Rachel. "Wells has cameras mounted all over the school. There has to be something worth looking for. All we got to do is-"

Before Rachel could finish her sentence, Skip Matthews walked out of the principal's office. He caught the three standing outside as well and glared grimacingly at them as he walked off with his hands on either side of his belt. Once he was out of earshot, the three resumed their conversation.

"All we have to do is snatch Skip's keys and then go to the security office, scroll through the camera footage and see if anybody has been tampering with Clark's locker." Rachel finished her explanation.

"But how will we grab his keys if they're practically attached to him twenty-four-seven?" Chloe questioned.

Fortunately, Clark and Rachel had just the idea as to how they would steal Skip's keys. From stealing wine to stealing keys, it would certainly be a challenge for them. The two friends made eye contact and grinned at each other which seemed to confuse the one who missed out on their shenanigans.