Chapter 31

Warnings: Skye in hospital, crying, image of crash, light swearing.

The Hamilton family, Susie, Toto, Mason and Ben where all sat around the room sharing stupid stories of Skye as she laid asleep in the hospital bed. Skye's hand was clutched in Mason's who stroked her knuckles softly and whispered loving and comforting words to her often.

Lewis and Toto should be in the Netherlands for the 26th round of the Grand Prix but no one had been able to get Lewis to leave the hospital - let alone get him to the Netherlands. Toto stayed knowing he wasn't in the right frame of mind to look after the team over the weekend.

The nurse was currently checking Skye over to make sure she was ok. Skye had been in a coma since she came out of surgery late Sunday evening, it was now Sunday - a week later. They had been told it was a waiting game, she had a very high chance of waking up, it was just a matter of when.

"Everything looks fine." The nurse assured before leaving the room; giving the doctor the result of Skye's check up she had just collected.

Hours later, a choked cough along with commotion filled the room. The group awoke to see doctors and nurses working around Skye who no longer had the breathing tube in her mouth. "Hey Hunny." A doctor cooed after Skye had stopped coughing and had taken a sip of water.

"Do you know you're name?" She asked softly as a few nurses cleared away the medical equipment Skye no longer required.

"Skye Alexia Carter Hamilton." She answers scratchily, her throat dry and painful from the breathing tube.

She took another sip of water as the doctor asked "Do you know your age and when you where born?"

She nodded "July 19th 2000. I'm 22." Her eyes opened fully now they where adjusted to the bright white lights shining from the ceiling.

The doctor nodded "Do you know where you are?"

Skye shrugged "In the hospital apparently, we're in Belgium too."

Last question "What's the last thing you remember? And in as much detail as possible." The doctor had been noting everything down and was so far satisfied with what the driver remembered.

"I was racing and in P6 after a pit stop, I was in between Pierre Gasly who was in P5 and George Russel who was in P7. I was trying to pass Gasly but he was able to defend so I couldn't. I thing George went to overtake the same time I did but I had to break, George was to close and rear ended me. I remember the car flipping down the hill and that's where everything goes blank." She explained, racking her brain for hitting the wall but she figured she passed out before then.

Doctor Rebecca nodded satisfied, she filled Skye in on things like the date and time and told her to stay relaxed, before she eventually left.

Immediately the group flooded around her bed "Sup." She greeted them with a grin.

Lewis breathed a quick laugh as he hugged his daughter softly "Don't ever do that again." He whispered into her ear.

Skye chuckled "Not planning on it." Her dad pulled away and wiped a relieved tear from his eye.

The young driver was hugged by everyone before eventually it was Mason's turn. She smiled as she met his teary eyes, her brown orbs immediately tearing at the sight. No words where exchanged, Mason leaned down and pressed his lips to hers in a strong kiss.

Mason pored all of his emotions into her kiss: happiness, relief, anger, worry and others where all let go with one kiss. He pulled away but their lips still brushed as they talked "Never scare me like that again, please. I've never been so scared. I don't know what I would have done if you..." Skye wiped away the tears that fell down his cheeks.