Chapter 40

It was the day of Skye and Mason's wedding. Skye and her bridal shower where staying in Askham Hall, Penrith, close to the Church her and Mason would marry in.

Her and Mason had been texting all morning, the excitement was flowing through them both, but the nerves were starting to make themselves known.

Natasha was sat on her mothers lap, she was already in her flower girl dress. It was a white dress with a knee length fluffy skirt that proofed out and swayed a little as she walked. Her shoes where off white ballet pumps fastened to her feet with a little elastic band, her blond hair curled and hanging loose to her shoulders, her make up was just tinted lip balm and a little eyeshadow to bring out her blue eyes. The toddler was playing with her bunny toy she had since she was a baby, it was her favourite toy and went everywhere with her. Jacob was with Mason and the grooms men getting ready with his daddy to be the page boy.

Skye jumped as hands clasped her shoulders "How are you feeling?" Susie wondered as she connected eyes with Skye in the mirror.

"Nervous, but mostly exited." She nodded with a smile as she thought about that evening when she would be married to the love of her life.

Susie smiled as she moved out of the way so the hair stylist could do Skye's hair "Everything will be perfect." She assured squeezing Skye's hand comfortingly.

"I know." Skye nodded putting on a smile for the make up artist as she appeared next to her and started explaining her what make up she would do.

As time went on and Skye watched the girls get ready she relaxed a little more. Her bridal wasn't big, she had 4 bridesmaids: Luisa, Katerina, Susie and Jasmine. Her maid of honour was Charlotte Sine, the person she had been planning on having as a maid of honour for years. The girls looked beautiful, they where all dressed in light green silk floor length dresses that had a slit up the left leg and nude heels. Their make up was beautiful. It was light and natural with gold eyeshadow and a little wing of black eyeliner that made the eye pop, Skye smiled as she took photos on her phone of the girls having fun and enjoying themselves.

"Let's get you in your dress!" Charlotte squealed dragging Skye over to her dress that was hanging from the oak cupboard, she smiled as she admired the gown. It was a custom white long sleeve mermaid dress that hugged her body and beautifully showed off her figure without it looking inappropriate. The dress was covered in glitter and sparkles that shone softly like stars on a cloudy night.

It had a second part that attached and detached at the waist. The attachment was a large satin skirt that flowed behind her gracefully as she walked, the train was longer then the almost see through lace veil she would wear walking down the isle, so she resolved to put it on for the wedding reception, rather than the ceremony.

"Oh Skye." Jaz breathed, her voice thick with emotion as tears pricked her eyes. Skye looked stunning, the gown was perfect on her. Her face that had been painted in light make up that made her face glow and eyes pop, her face was framed by loose hair that was strategically left out of the messy bun for an elegant hair look.

Skye smiled as Luisa slotted the veil into the messy bun, the girls straitened the veil out so the bride could see her wedding outfit in full glory "I look like a bride." She whispered, a joyful tear slipping from her eye that she dabbed away with a tissue Katerina handed her. She lifted the skirt a little to look at her white heels, they had  stunning diamond pieces on the back that traveled from the top of the heel and all the way to the bottom on the thin heel.

"Don't cry mummy." Natasha hugged Skye's knees as she looked up through her lashes at her mother.

Skye smiled as she held Nat's hands and leaned down a little "Their happy tears, baby. Mummy isn't crying because she's sad." She assured the girl, kissing her blonde hair softly before she stood up again, placing Natasha on her hip since she wanted to be in her mothers arms.