Chapter 36

Skye walked through the busy Qatar stadium to get to where she needed to be. Somehow the women had managed to enter the stadium in the wrong place and was now working out how to get where she needed to be. Finally, the driver arrived at the England VIP seating where she was ment to be sat. Showing the guard her pass she was let through as the players heads back down the tunnel, ready for kick off between England and USA.

Dumping her things at Mason's table where her name tag was, Skye headed out to the seats so she could watch the game "Anyone sat in that seat?" She smiled happily as the girls turned to her, squealing at the fact she made the game.

Kate hugged her first "Congratulations are in order, Miss World Champion!" She smirked handing her an empty glass before filling it with champagne.

She smiled taking a sip "Thank you. Thank you." She curtsied making them laugh before she sat down in between Fern and Lauren. The wags talked about the race last night and things that had been happening in their lives before they looked down at pitch, watching the boys come out and line up.

Once the game began, Skye felt a tap on her shoulder making her turn around "Hi sweetie." Debbie smiled happily as Skye's mouth dropped a little in shock, the driver was under the impression Mason's family couldn't make the game.

"Hi!" She stood up and greeted the family quickly before sitting back down so she wasn't disturbing anyone.

"We didn't think you'd make it." Tony commented after Debbie congratulated Skye on the win the night before.

She smiled "I wouldn't have missed it. Plus it's much nicer watching the game in person then on a screen." She chuckled regarding the atmosphere of the stadium as they cheered on their country.

Deciding to chat more at half time, Skye turned back to the game, immediately laying eyes on Mason who was in possession of the match ball. She smiled watching him weave through the American players and deliver a brilliant cross to Kane who's shot on goal was blocked. The England fans groaned but their chanting quickly picked back up to motivate their team.

By half time, England where up 2 nil. Harry Kane had scored the first goal and Mason had scored the second. Skye smiled as she watched the video back of him scoring and celebrating with the team, her chest full of pride as she watched him celebrate with his team and country.

Her and Mason's family talked about lots of things they had been up to since the last time they had seen each other. Summer had cuddled into Skye's chest and fallen asleep, she was in a baby England shirt that read MOUNT 19 on the back, Skye smiled at how cute she was.

"Does Mase know you're here?" Lewis asked as they headed back out to their seats for the second half of the game.

She smiled shaking her head "He thinks I'm watching from home." Skye remembered the conversation between them about staying at home with the dogs but she decided to come to his games like he did the races.

"Pepper and Sparky are staying with my dad and Roscoe for a while before going to my grandparents." She added aware Lewis would wonder about the husky puppies.

He nodded, trying to take Summer from the driver but she protested, starting to cry as she clung onto the girl tighter "It's alright, I got her." Skye assured Lewis once she soothed Summer back to sleep.

He didn't look sure "I'm sat the row in front of you, if anything happens I will pass her to you or Jaz, ok?" She suggested making Lewis nod and pass her Summer's headphones for the noise.

Skye sat down and covered the toddlers ears with the noise cancelling headphones. Summer remained asleep as she snuggled up close to the warmth of Skye's body for comfort, an action that made Skye smiled as she ran her fingers over Summer's dark brown hair softly.