chapter twenty six

It's been a week since we got back from Cuba, today I'll be going with Giovanni's assistant to try on some gowns when making public appearances with Giovanni.

I clench my teeth as I feel the spasms of crumps,I couldn't sleep well last night because I got my period, Giovanni stayed up with me. "You don't have to go I can tell Smith to bring everything here",he says as I help him with his tie.

" It's okay", I haven't been out alone for a long time even if I'll have Chocho and Smith watching over me its fine. He lets me pick my own clothes so I go for for a graphic white tee some nude Yeezy sweat pants and matching Yeezy slides, and some light makeup before putting my hair up in a ponytail.

Because he wants everything to seem normal for me to look like a typical rich young wife,he hands me a new phone,car keys and a black bank card,so I have no choice but to carry one of the many designer handbags.

I don't feel like eating so I only have a cup of some warm ginger tea,we have breakfast with Flavio and Leonardo.

We walk out of the house and find Smith waiting for us ,has she been out here the whole time, Leonardo is the first to leave then Flavio.

"So many expensive cars ain't you worried the IOS will start investigating you",I ask unknowingly.

" No",he bluntly says before handing me car keys then I notice the Venena Roadster behind the Bentley he normally uses.

"It's mine?",I ask excited,oh my god.

"Yes just don't drive like at one of your races and don't get any funny ideas"

Before he could finish what he was saying I throw myself into his arms,I was too excited,"yes I know,you have my brothers",I say and open it, it's exterior is matte black and the interior is red making me roll my eyes the inside of all his cars are red, what's with this guy and the color red.

He gets in his car and Bone drives him off leaving me and Smith.

"It's a pleasure to finally meet you Mrs Salvatore",she says,Smith is a tall gorgeous woman with a strong Russian accent,she has her strawberry blonde hair in a slick bun and wears golden rimmed glasses that can't hide the stanness of those blue eyes. The red lip stick was a strong contrast to her pale skin.

"Nice to meet you too",I say and get into the car,she gets into the passenger seat after me and I start the engine of this new baby,the engine roars to life and it's like music to my ears.

And I'm already stepping on the gas, Chocho follows behind in another car.

We arrive at the place and get inside and immediately a woman that looked to be in her late 40s walked up to us "you must be Mrs Salvatore",she says and shakes Smith's hand " you can put her hand bag and wait over there in the sitting area",she dismisses me.

" You have it all wrong madam, I'm Smith the person that made the appointment for Mrs Salvatore who is standing next to me",Smith politely says.

The woman's smile freezes on her face as she blushed in embarrassment.

"Forgive me Mrs Salvatore, please follow me right this way",she says.

I walk into a fancy dressing wrong with many gowns to choose from, there's water and some wine on the coffee table.

I begin trying on the dresses but ask for a screen because Smith is kinda making me uncomfortable. I try on so many dresses my feet begin to ache but on dress in particular catches my eye a  long sleeved black backless mermaid form dress with a dip v neck,it comes with a rhinestone decorated thong. This is it,this is the dress.

"Madam I'll answer this call quickly and be right back",Smith says before going out of the room.

Just, as I am about to come out if the dress I'm wearing,a large hand clamped around mouth.

"Ssssshhhh don't scream Nithia, it's me Mercelo Leon",the man says and releases me.

" Officer Leon,what are you doing here,how the hell did you get in?",I ask my heart rate has increased, I'm so scared Smith will walk in any moment from now. Giovanni will be so pissed if he found out. "Are you insane do you want to get the both of us killed".

" Listen to me , I'll make it quick, I'm working for DEA now, I've been investigating Giovanni,I know he is supplying illegal weapons to the Cartels in Cuba, Colombia and the Mexican border,I want you to help me to get the evidence ",he says.

" Are you crazy what makes you think I can help you?"

" I know you never wanted to marry him,I can help you and your brothers I can get Lucas from London to a safe place and Mason from Lydia,all you need to do is get me some documents anything that links him to the Cartels",

" I'm sorry Mercelo,I can't,I can't risk it ,you don't know what you've got yourself into, Giovanni isn't someone to mess with".

" So that's it , you'll let your dad's and mom's death go you'll live the rest of your life with the man that ruined your life?",he asks,he is so close to me I can feel his warm breath fanning my face.

"Nithia the Cartels are recruiting kids,the cartel wars and shoit outs are taking people's lives,with the aid of those weapons the violence won't stop, I'm begging you help me , I'll get you and brothers under a safe witness protection program and when his property is seized you can get half of it so you and you brothers can live well",he says trying to negotiate with me,this is not about the money ,I would help him if I could but Giovanni is a dangerous man and this arms dealing involves a lot of well known and powerful people,all those people that visit the house ain't ordinary.

"I can't,you need to stop Mercelo,I know the witness you had ,had dead mysteriously,just forget about this Mercelo for your own good",I try to reason I'm not risking my life nor my siblings.

"Here is my number, please memorize it and contact me when you change your mind",he says and walks away.

I see him get into the vent and close it just in time as Smith walks in. "What are you looking at Madam?",she suspiciously looks at me then at the vent.

"It suddenly got hot so I thought there was something wrong with the vents",I say and go back to the screen I look at the numbers written on the paper he handed me and try my best to memorize them then chew the paper up.

Just then my phone rings and Smith hands it to me "Did you like the dresses?"Giovanni asks.

" Yes I did,I like the black one",I say trying as best as I can to act normal.

"Get the red one too,you looked great in it",he says and hangs up. How did he know I tried on a red dress,is the room I'm in filled with cameras or was Smith filming me when I showed her how the dresses looked on me between the forma and the latter,I hope it's the latter.