chapter fifty

Giovanni woke up a week later after I saw his fingers move. The police still haven't found anything about the shooter , it's like chasing a ghost.

It's been two weeks now and Giovanni will be returning home even though he still needs a lot of bed rest.

I pace around the room as Olivia and I wait for the pregnancy test results,I was so stressed about everything that I forgot that I had missed my period.

"Calm done Madam, you're making me nervous as well",she says anxiously looking at the test.

I don't know how to react if it's positive, Giovanni had spoken about having a baby and I didn't like the idea, I'm not sure about my feelings about him yet ,there are just so many scars and open wounds but maybe a baby is what we really need to start over, forget everything and try to be happy.

I know it's just been a few minutes but it feels like it's been hours, will I make a good mother? Or will I be like my mom? Growing up I was practically raised by my nanny and father,my mother was more concerned about being a socialite and attending every dinner and garden party.

I didn't want Lucas and Mason to feel the absence of a mother so I tried as best as I could to be there for them,every school event even when my dad couldn't make it because of work.

"Oh my god!", Olivia exclaims "you're pregnant! You're going to have a baby!",

I'm really pregnant! I can't believe this,I don't know if I just scream or cry,but at this moment a warm feeling spread throughout my chest,my hand subconsciously touched my abdomen.

"Wait what?! You're having a baby?", Mason who just walked in asks.

" I guess?",

" They are about to arrive, Flavio sent me to call you downstairs",he continues " wait you're having a baby? You and Giovanni?", I can see the shock on his adorable face.

I tell him to keep it a secret and not let anyone know about it and that we'll tell Giovanni later.

We walked downstairs and waited anxiously for them to arrive, Lydia sat impatiently looking at the door,we agreed to make a small welcome party,so we all waited inside.

The door opened and I saw him walk in being helped by Enzo, he was supposed to be in a wheelchair but I'm guessing his pride wouldn't let him.

I just wanted to hug and wrap my hands around him,I remember when he first woke up,I had fallen asleep watching after him. He didn't wake me up and just watched me sleep,he told me he heard everything I said to him.

I ran to my husband, the man I was willing to start all over with but as soon as I got close to him,I saw it ,the look of disgust and hate ,I couldn't wrap my head around it as he wrapped his hand around my neck violently chocking me.
For a second everyone was in shock at the turn of events,no one reacted and just watched Ashe shocked the daylights out of me. Flavio was the first to react.

"What the hell is wrong with you Giovanni! Let her go!",he yelled and got Giovanni's hand off me ,I was in a violent fit as he cussed at me.

"Piccolo canga!", He yelled trying to catch his breath.

What's wrong? What's going on? Then the TV turned on to a news channel, talking about pictures released of my affair with Leo ,I was there naked in bed with Leonardo with our clothes spread out all over the room and it was the day Giovanni was shot and was fighting for his life in the hospital.

"This is not true, it's not true Giovanni you have to believe me",I said,I don't know how to explain it but that was me in the pictures. "I swear it , it's not me Giovanni! Flavio",I say and turn to him.

Just then the phone rang and Enzo answered "it's Leo".

"Put it on speaker", Giovanni said.

" How do you like my little surprise?''he laughed.

" What the f**k Leo!", Flavio screamed.

"This is only the beginning, though I must say you must be one lucky bastard to always get away all the time, I'm sick and tired of being in your shadow Giovanni, your family took everything from me and I'm here to collect all the debt",he says and hangs up.
Flavio turns the TV off ," take her away I don't want to see her!'' Giovanni roars.

" You have to believe me,I don't know but there must be an explanation for this", I plead but I don't see any of the love and adoration I've been seeing since he woke up from his coma all I see is hatred that threatens to consume my soul.

I looked at my brothers and I saw the indifference " you're just like her", Lucas whispered enough for me to hear.

" The apple doesn't fall too far from the tree now does it", Lydia spits.

The guards came and took me away ,I didn't fight or scream. They took me to a familiar part of the house,the dark basement and all the horrible memories from there began to  flood my mind.

"No please! Not there! Giovanni listen to me,I didn't do it, there must be an explanation, please listen to me!".