Chapter fifty seven

GIOVANNI'S POV

I should have known better,if only I had taken the time to investigate,I screwed up,I screwed up from the beginning, looking at her as she lay in the bed unconscious filled me up with so much regret.

"How does it feel?", Flavio who just walked in says.

" What do you mean?",

He looks at me meaningfully and touches Nithia's now short hair. "You knew?", I ask.

And he looks at me and smiles sadly,of course he did "you knew she wasn't the one in the video,you knew Leonardo drugged her and took those pictures!",

" Yes,I did ",he says and I grab him by the collar if his shirt.

"Why didn't you tell me!",

"Because you don't deserve her , never have , you're the worst thing that happened to this innocent family,you forgot they were also  victims in this,you thought because the gun that was said to be the one Federico used was yours,you shifted your guilt to them , even after ruining their lives ,taking everything away you weren't satisfied even after you killed the woman that caused all if this",he snaps in my face and the cold hard truth hits me like a slap in the face. The relationship between the two of us has gotten rocky we even got into a fist fight last time.

I slowly caressed her baby bump "I don't know what to do,I don't know if she will ever forgive me",I say and that seems to wake her up.

" Get away from me!",she screams as soon as she sees me,"where am I ? Where is Mercelo? Mercelo! Mercelo!",she called for him.

I know I deserve this but it sure hurts more than a bullet to the chest. The door opened and Mercelo walked in and rushed to her side.

"What has happened to Mason?"

"He is going to be fine, don't worry our agents are on it,we are trying to find out what Leonardo wants and why he took him".

And just then my phone rings and it's a calm from a private number, I answer and the all too familiar voices speaks from the other line "Leo ",I mouth to everyone looking at me , Flavio quickly leaves to call the police downstairs.

"You finally called you filthy bastard!",I yell.

"It's nice to hear from you too bro-ther",he laughs,I know he is making fun of me.

" When I catch you, I'll hang you from your balls your son of a b*tch!",

" Keep making him talk ", Mercelo whispers as one of the police officers walks in with a laptop trying to track the call.

"Tell that cop not to bother trying to find me because he won't",he says.

"Leonardo, where's  Mason? please give my brother back to me",Nithia grabs the phone from me.

" Nithia, sweetheart, just the person i wanted to speak to,how are you and my babies doing love?, I'm sorry I had to leave you behind but I had to make arrangements for the four of us",

They are not your kids! I almost scream but Nithia warns me not to.

"Leonardo let me speak to Mason please",she sobs.

" Don't cry , I'll put him on right now",

"Nithia",I hear Mason sob from the other side.

" Oh my goodness,Mason baby are you alright did he hurt you?", She sobs but before he can respond Leonardo takes the phone back.

"I didn't hurt him,how can you think that of me , sweetheart,I know how much you love him,so I'll just cut to the chase ,all I want is you and my kids, I'll send you the location and you get there with Giovanni and we can exchange you for Mason and remember no police allowed otherwise I'll send little Mas to his daddy and mommy",he says and hangs up.

" Anything?"James asks but the officer couldn't track it down, Leonardo must be so careful as to not let anything be out of place.

As soon as the location arrives Mercelo walks downstairs with Nithia tailing behind him so the rest of us follow. We find Lucas giving my agitated mother some pills.

"It's me he wants, I'll do anything", Nithia says

"Over my dead body am I handing you over to him! ",I say , I don't know what Leo will do to her and the babies in her belly.

She just glared at me "you don't get to tell me what I can and can not do!".

Lucas asks what is going on and Flavio fills him in "Nithia you can't go Leonardo is crazy,who knows what he'll do to you!",he says.

" What I'm supposed to sit here and wait for him to lose his patience,you've already said it who knows what he will do to him",she says sobbing. I try to hold but she flinches away from me, sticking herself Mercelo.

"Enzo find me Sasha Dominic",I say and Enzo nods, taking his phone out to make a call .

"What are you planning to do Salvatore?", Mercelo questions me.

"We don't know what Leonardo will do , I'm not willing to risk my wife's life",

" Ex wife", Flavio corrects ,making my temple pulse.

Enzo gets back with a disappointed expression "she's dead",he says making my heart sink.

"How do you know".

"I had my men watching her after she left the court",

" What says you didn't kill her ", Mercelo says,is he kidding me?.

" What would I gain in killing her?!",I only wanted to question her , to see if I could get a clue on where Leonardo was."Look what is important now is finding where Leonardo is keeping Mason".

" There's no other choice,I have to go", Nithia says. As much as I hate it she's so determined that it looks like I won't be able to change her mind.

Don't forget to read my other books The Alpha's Collateral and Taming the Heiress, your support will be highly appreciated.