Chapter fifty nine

Giovanni's POV

I should have known that this bastard would play such a cheap trick the wound from the place the bullet grazed me stings and I notice the unresponsive Mason in my arms,I then notice the hand I used to shield his head from the fall soaked in blood.

"No!Mason,look at me",but he's still unresponsive and his face begins to pale.I take my phone and the other gun I had.

"Enzo ! What the fuck! Where the hell are you guys!",I yell and begin shooting where I think the shooters are hiding.

"We're taking care of it Giovanni, don't worry",

"Hurry Mason has been shot he is losing a lot of blood,I think he is not going to make it",I choke and the line goes silent,after a few minutes the shooting stops and the Enzo and Mercelo burst in with other police officers following behind them,the paramedics begin resuscitating Mason .

"His pulse is getting weak",one of them says. And the scene reminds me of when my mother and I found Federico dead.

"You have to do everything in your power to make sure he makes it,I don't care what you do!",I say before they get him on a stretcher and take him away.

"Where's Nithia? Did you catch Leo?", I ask .

"He escaped and is heading for international waters", Mercelo says.

" You do realize that if he makes it you won't be able to arrest him right? ,What are we waiting for, let's go after them!", I say and wince when fabric touches my wound.

" You first need to get medical attention, Salvatore", Mercelo says but I ignore him.

" Listen if Leonardo leaves I'll never see my wife and children!",

" We don't have the specific coordinates of where he is hiding his vessel",James says.

"We have one of the men that were working for him still alive,all we have to do is get him to spit out the coordinates of where who's boss is hiding",Flavio says as he walks in with a badly beaten man .

"Let the police handle this", Mercelo says.

"Are you crazy, we're not leaving until we get Nithia back I'm already doing you a favor by letting you take care of that son of of bitch Leo",

So I grab a dagger from Enzo and tell him and Flavio to hold the bastardo up. After losing two of his fingers and his hands nailed to the table the man finally gives us the coordinates. I can see that Mercelo and James are distraught over the torture that we carried out and even puked at some point.

We put on safety gear and get our guns ready to chase after them.

"Are you sure you'll be okay",Enzo who's helping me strap on my bullet proof vest. My wound has been bandaged up but the pain is unbearable even after I took painkillers.

"Don't worry brother we will get her back", Enzo says and we get on the boats.

We rode for hours and by the time we saw the yacht Leonardo was on it was already daybreak.

The yacht was moving at full speed heading for international waters. We were right on his tail and other police boats were already beginning to circle around him so he wouldn't have anywhere to go.

He had no choice but to stop the yacht, giving us a chance to get on.

We get on and split up ,do we can find where he is keeping Nithia,I enter what seems to be a dining room and Mercelo goes check the other rooms.

And I find the person I'm looking for "Leonardo!",I yell, drawing his attention.

Leo turns to me with a smile on his face.

"Giovanni my dear brother",he laughs.

"You coward! You sick son of ....!",

"Yeah! Yeah ! Yeah! Call me whatever you want but you Salvatore's are no better! I'm doing a favor to the world by getting rid of you!",he says and begins firing at me.

" Tell why you killed my brother!",I say while I take cover.

" He was getting in the way of me being with Susan",

"That's it ! You coward,how could you!",

" Well let's say your father owed me on,I had a score to settle with him!",

My father? What does he mean?

" You must be wondering,what does it mean! You stupid father couldn't keep it in his pants and started lusting over a woman that didn't belong to him,he betrayed his pattern so that he could keep his wife for himself but that day as luck or misfortune would have it my parents ended up in the same place at the same time and they were both gunned down because other patterns thought my parents were talking to the police,you father framed them, it's a shame he died before I could have my revenge I wanted him to watch as I ruined your family, dragging you to hell!",

" You liar!",I yell and get up, shooting at him. My father would have never done such a thing,he is lying,he is just trying to mess with me because he knows how much I looked up to my father.

And just then a bullet hits me in the abdomen,I hear him laugh as I fall to the ground.

"Believe it or not ,I don't care ,you took away my family, and like that wasn't enough your stupid father even took me in knowing full well he killed my parents",he says walking towards me and kicks my gun away ,"then your brother took the woman I loved away,so I did what your father did to mine,but sh estill didn't come back to me ,she mad ema realize she was just another whore", and shoots me again.

" But Nithia,she is something different,she is beautiful,she is kind,and must belong to me because I know how to love her right,not you,you tortured her ,made her suffer she must hate very much,just like me she has suffered at the hands of the Salvatore's but after I get rid of you all she'll be mine it's just sad those two brats didn't tag along,I thought they loved her but oh well",he says stepping on my bullet wound.

" I'll blow all of you to hell ,then I'll go after that b*tch Lydia",he says and kicks me in the face.