chapter forty eight

I stretch and find myself,in an unfamiliar bedroom,I look at the alarm clock on the side of the bed and it's 8 in the morning. What happened? How did I get here ? I remember an argument with Leo in his car from the hospital,but how did I end up here?

I feel so uncomfortable,but nothing on me looks out of place,there is a little buzzing in my head but apart from that everything is okay.

I take a cold shower and relax.I heard down to breakfast,the house is lavish but smaller than the one we live in,I hear Mason and Lydia downstairs. I'm guessing this is the safe house Flavio spoke of.

The hitting of cutlery can be heard so I'm guessing they are still having breakfast.
Immediately Mason sees me. I can tell he wants to get up and run to me but Lydia stops him "Federico remember your manners",she warns and he sits still.

I can feel the anger course through me,but Giovanni always listens to Lydia and if I were to get into a fight with her ,she can stop me from seeing Mason.

But I just wanted to hug him. He must have been so scared last night,so I sat next to him. He has grown so much but if he was still the same little baby he was, I would have carried him from his seat to my lap.

"Goodmorning baby",I say and kiss his forehead.

"Goodmorning Lydia have you heard anything from the hospital?",

" Giovanni was put in a medically induced coma and hasn't left the ICU ",she says she looks like she cried the whole night.I always thought she only loved Federico but I guess a mother's love is all the same for her children, except for mine that only cared about herself.

After having breakfast I stayed in bed with Mason just holding him,it's been so long since I saw this side of him that needed me instead of Lydia.

"Do you like staying with Lydia",I ask despite knowing that the answer will kill me inside.

"It's not so bad,she is a great mother, Giovanni said I could call her that which makes me his brother, isn't it cool?", He says,"but  I miss staying with you and Lucas,I want you guys to make up so we can be a family again",

" Lucas and I made up already",I say.I wonder where this strange allegiance to Giovanni came from .

A soft knock is heard and Olivia walks in,she went to pick up some important things from the house .
"Madam Master Leonardo said that he is going to the hospital,asks  if you'd like to come along",

" No thanks I can ask one of the guards to take me",

" No one is allowed to leave or enter the mansion,so you can only leave with Master Leonardo",she says.

F**k! I cuss under my breath,I quickly change and go downstairs and find Leonardo waiting for me.

"You look amazing, sweetheart",he whispers, making me roll my eyes.

" Don't try anything funny, I'm telling Giovanni everything as soon as he wakes up"

" If he wakes up,You're breaking my heart, Nithia but what proof do you have? Do you really think that the people whom  I've been through thick and thin with will take your word over mine, maybe the idiot Giovanni if he were here would,and that love struck fool Flavio but Enzo?",he says chuckling,he has never called me by my name till this point and always calls me sweetheart.

We drive all the way to the hospital with an armed bodyguard and Leonardo just stares out the window the whole time. The media looks like they camped outside the hospital as soon as they see our car ,they are surrounding us like vultures on a carcass.

The police and some of our bodyguards clear the way and we manage to enter the hospital.

"How's he doing and can I see him?",I ask Flavio,who in return gives me a hug.

" Don't worry only the good die young",he says and smiles and suddenly I'm reminded of my encounter with the crazy old lady with her tarot cards in Colombia,what if Giovanni really dies? I don't even notice when tears begin streaming down my face.

"Don't cry , Giovanni is a tough bastard", Flavio reassures me.

Enzo and Lucas round the corner with coffee in their arms and just like that I'm out of Flavio's arms running to my brother.

"Lucas!?",I sob as I hugged him and felt him tense up and I was so glad to see him. He has grown head taller than me and looks like he is working out now.

"I've missed you so much",I say and feel him relax hugging me back.

" I missed you too",he whispers,I look in the eyes that are the same as mine and can't help but hug him again,he is starting to look a lot like my dad.