Chapter fifty eight

Nithia's POV

We drove to the location Leonardo gave us,an old warehouse for sardines at the old Port that is undergoing construction.

I sit and hope Mercelo drives faster, Giovanni who is next to me looks at my nervous shaking hands and tries to hold them.

"Please don't touch me",I say, holding in the little food I managed to force down my throat. I was so nervous that I threw up everything I ate,I looked out the window and saw the sky painted orange as the sun began to set.

"Don't worry, I'll have my people surrounding the entire place so that nothing happens to you", Giovanni says.

" I don't even get why you're here,Mason doesn't concern you at all",

" Don't say that",he says looking at me sadly " I'm sorry,I don't even know where to start,but I screwed up ,I didn't do right from the beginning, I'm a coward, I'm selfish but I ask that you may please forgive me someday for the sake of the babies",he says I can hear the sadness sip through his words .

"I don't care about your guilt, I'll never forgive you and I don't want you anywhere near me ,my brothers and kids",I snapped.

" Nithia…I love you",

" Shut up!,I too will never forgive you for the death of my father Giovanni,you humiliated him made him into a laughing stock ,you published every single affair my mother once had ,you made sure all his investors pulled out their investments from our company,the company he worked so hard to save from bankruptcy after his father died , I'll never forgive you,do you know this messed up part of everything,is that even until now I feel I'm still in love with you,must be the feelings of abandonment, don't tell me you love me! The only person you love here is yourself",I laugh, I'm trying, I'm trying so hard to hate him to blame him like he blamed me,and reminding myself of everything that he put me through is like a splash of cold water waking me up a little bit to reality .

We arrive at the place and Giovanni and I step out of the car. We had already switched to a different car somewhere along the way,I tightly held my cardigan around me as we walked into the warehouse. It is really dark and the light from the moon is what illuminates the warehouse.

"We're here Leonardo!"Giovanni yells,there is some movement and Leonardo steps out from the darkness pointing a gun at Mason who is tied up and duct taped,my heart breaks for my baby and I almost run after him,but I'm held back by Giovanni.

"Sweetheart", Leonardo warmly calls and smiles,he has grown a beard and looks nothing like the elegant and clean Leo.

"Long time no see brother, throw any weapons that you've come with on the floor",he says to Giovanni.

"Nithia is here as you asked, now give me the child,let him go", Giovanni says, putting the gun on the floor and kicking it towards Leo.

"Since when did you care for the Kent family, you selfish jerk", Leonardo laughs.

" Leo please let go of him, I'm begging you",I plead.

"I love it when you call me that",he says," okay start walking to each other slowly he says pointing a gun at me. I begin walking towards him and Mason towards me,I can't help myself and hug him when we reach each other.

"Alright that's enough",he says, grabbing me and pulling me away from Mason. " Now to get rid of any other obstacle between us I should be the only one in your heart",he says and it takes a second for me to realize what he just said and red dots appear on both Mason and Giovanni.

"No!",I yell before a rain of bullets falls onto them, Giovanni is fast and I see him hide behind a table, don't see what happens after as Leonardo drags me away.

"How could you do this!,your a monster! Mason! Oh god! You killed them!",I sobbed and hit him.

" I'm sorry sweetheart but I just don't want other people other than me  being important to you so your brothers must go ,plus those ungrateful bastards don't even like you trust me it's for the best",he says opening a hatch door, " climb down don't worry someone will catch you",he says.

"Hurry up will you ,we don't have a night ",he says firing the gun near my foot.

It scares me and I feel my babies violently move in my stomach.

I crouch down ,look down and see a speed boat and step on the ladder and begin descending but strong arms wrap around me and safely carry me down.

Leonardo then gets down after me and after I'm safely secured the boat starts and we're speeding through a tunnel right under the warehouse.I can still hear the gunshots and silently sob,and the pain I'm feeling in my stomach doesn't help either.

We leave the warehouse from another side and I can see the helicopters and police cars surrounding it from a distance.