forty nine

chapter forty nine: seconds not decades

Anthony stumbled slightly in the snow as he walked out of the house and onto the field. He glanced around at the farm quickly, trying to make out where the other four siblings had been thrown to during the shock wave's impact. The Handler was no longer standing at her original spot, but he honestly had no idea where she had gone to, he decided he shouldn't care about her right now and focusing on his family was definitely a lot more important.

He walked further down into the farm, his shoes making a crunching noise against the snow and his hands were going numb from the cold. Anthony first noticed Diego, who was laying on the ground with his foot trapped by a fallen tractor. It made the most sense to go help him first, but it was the sound of Luther's cries of desperation from the other side of the house is what grabbed his attention first.

He turned around instantly, but was met with Lila standing in front of him and blocking him from going anywhere else "Hi" she smiled.

"Hi?" Anthony replied right before she punched him right across the jaw, causing him to stumble backwards slightly as his hand instantly went up to touch to side of his face. Turning to the side and spitting out blood, he looked at her "Ow?"

"Not much of a fighter then?" she asked mockingly.

Anthony glanced down at himself and put out both of his arms "Do I look like one to you?" he asked, but clenched his fist nonetheless and swung at her, hitting her right in the jaw, same place as him.

Lila regained her composure much quicker than he had "Hey, that wasn't bad" she complimented.

He nodded "Thanks"

"Okay, listen" Lila glanced around their surroundings for a moment before she took a step closer "I don't want to actually hurt you, alright?"

"You just did" Anthony stated.

"Yeah but that was just a punch, don't be such a baby" Lila shook her head "I have nothing against you, and killing you wouldn't change anything"

Anthony raised an eyebrow "So you just plan to kill my entire family, including my husband, but you draw the line at me?" he asked.

"I feel bad for you" she stated "Because I'm not here to hurt you, I want to warn you"

He took a step backwards "About what?"

"About Five" Lila replied "You think you know him but you really don't, Anthony, he's not the person you think you married. And I know you definitely don't want to hear what I'm going to tell you, but I think you need to know and you deserve to know, not only for yourself but also for your safety"

Anthony looked at her, his eyebrows furrowed and his mouth slightly open "What the hell are you talking about?" he asked "If you're talking about the board of directors, I already know about that I was-"

"It's not that" she cut him off "Just listen, he-"

She was also interrupted "Are you looking for me?" Number Five said as he stood in the hole from the weight of Luther's body, a bloody wound on his head and his entire body covered in dust.

"You little turd" Lila glared at him.

He smiled obnoxiously "Let's dance" he told her before blinking away, she followed him right away.