fifty nine

chapter fifty nine: kugelblitz

Anthony, Five and Lila all blinked back into the hotel from the Commission, having used their blinks once again to power the half dead briefcase. They fell from the portal and landed on top of a broken table, all of the siblings stepping back and gasping at them.

"Shit" Five groaned, reaching forward and grabbing onto Lila's shoulder for support.

"Shoo!" Lila exclaimed as she pushed the boy off of her, shoving him over to the side.

The siblings all stood around and just looking at the three of them on the floor, smoke coming out of the broken briefcase. "Where the hell have you been?" one of them asked, Anthony didn't care enough to check who it even was.

Five stood up first "Facing my mortality Viktor, I don't recommend it." he replied casually as he brushed himself down before holding out one of his hands, which Anthony took to help bring himself back up to his feet.

"Thanks" the boy mumbled.

"You had the briefcase?" Allison exclaimed loudly as she stepped forward and leaned down, "We've been looking for this!" she said while opening it.

"Well look no further, that's the last one left on Earth." Five informed her before his demeanor changed as he saw the smoke coming out of it, "Or was the last one." he corrected.

Allison scoffed as she threw it to the ground aggressively, quickly getting up and walked over to the staircase, sitting down.

Five kneeled down and looked at it "Yeah, that's toast." he put it back down, "Shit, all right." he looked over to his husband for input, by the boy only looked in the opposite direction and basically avoided looking at him.

Diego spoke to Luther, "You know, she just needed to blow some steam off and I helped, she's good."

"Oh yeah, real good" Luther replied sarcastically.

Anthony looked over at them, "Oh great, Luther you're back! I was honestly getting worried." he told him, "Glad you're back though."

The man looked slightly taken aback but smiled anyways at the comment, "Thank God someone realized I was gone," he replied.

"Hey Chatty Cathys!" Five interrupted, "Quit the chitchat, all right?" he made a talking motion with his hands as he grabbed all of their attention. "I'm calling a family meeting here." he glanced around at them all to make sure everyone was there.

Anthony looked over at the boy, who was acting  completely fine as if he hadn't been crying on the floor less than an hour again; it concerned him and hurt just to watch him clearly pushing everything down while in front of his family.

Lila turned to leave but Diego grabbed her arm and pulled her back, "Ah ah ah, that means you too."

Anthony cooed slightly at the couple, Diego quickly sending his younger brother a glare at the sound.

"Where's Klaus?" Five asked.

They all just shrugged in response as Diego looked over to the side and obviously saw something, Anthony followed his gaze to see Stanley walking by with cleaning supplies. "I'll be right back," Diego said before walking away from the group.

Lila's gaze followed him "Don't leave me with your-"

Anthony nodded "In-laws, am I right?" although he realized he had never experienced the usual awkwardness that usually followed with meeting the family, they sort of just accepted him right away.

"Dieg-" Five tried to stop him, "lost another, great."

"Spit it out, Five." Allison only said, glaring up at her brother and very clearly annoyed at something.