seventy four

chapter seventy four: blind and hazy

Five was relived just slightly in the fact that they had just successfully killed the guardian; the thing that has supposedly just slaughtered his husband, but it wasn't as if he believed that story anyways. He knew that Sloane was proud that they had murdered the thing that had killed her partner, but Five was only proud that he had saved his family again.

Even if the guardian did kill Anthony, it wasn't like killing it was going to bring him or Luther back.

He honestly just couldn't wait until they were all out of Oblivion so that he could make his way to the nearest store and drown himself and all of his feelings out with a bottle of liquor or vodka. Maybe he'd cry some more, think too much about Anthony and their time together, or else he would end up forgetting about him altogether for a few hours.

Either way seemed painful; it seemed like a betrayal to want to forget about him, even though he was certain he never could forget. Anthony was his entire life now, and forgetting about him just made it as if everything had just been for nothing.

But staying fully conscious during his grieving period seemed even more painful than that, having to feel every single emotion just wasn't exactly something he wanted right now. Five had never been good with his feelings, but at least the last time he allowed himself to let it out Anthony had been there to hold him through it all.

So alcohol seemed like the best solution right now, and all he had to do now was actually figure out how to get out of the hotel and back to reality.

"Klaus?" Five asked as he walked down the steps in the lobby to see his brother standing there, somehow alive once again, and he wouldn't admit how it gave him some sort of sudden false hope that he hadn't been anticipated for.

Viktor turned to him, "You look like Hell."

"Why don't you try killing a guardian?" Five asked.

"We just did," Viktor said as he exchanged a glance with Allison who stood to his side.

Ben walked up to the group, "So did we."

"Klaus, I thought you were dead," Sloane commented as she put a hand on his shoulder, her eyes still glossed over with tears from earlier.

He shrugged, "Yes, yes I am alive and amazing, despite Dad's attempts to bash my brains in," Klaus put his hands up. "But tearful reunions later, what you guys need to know right now is that," he glanced at Five for a second with a sad expression, "Dad killed Luther and Anthony, and he locked out of the tunnel, and rang that stupid bell!" he pointed over towards the desk in the lobby dramatically.

They all turned as they heard the footsteps coming from the other side of the room, watching as their father walked into the middle of the room, holding his journal in one hand.

"What's your plan, old man?" Five asked as he walked towards his father, both of his arms out, giving him a sarcastic smile.

He didn't care for revenge on the guardian, but he definitely was not opposed to hurting his dad, especially after everything that he'd done to almost his entire family.

"We don't have time for this," Reginald replied, trying to avoid the situation altogether.

Sloane walked ahead of him, "You killed Luther!" she exclaimed, holding onto the wound on her side.

"I had no choice," Reginald defended as he opened his book. "You refused to come together as a team, I had to do something to bring you all together."

Ben glared at him, "All of your stupid myths and stories, there were never seven bells or Norseman, you brought us here to die!" he claimed.