fifty two

chapter fifty two: obsidian

Anthony was sure he had never been in as much physical pain ever as he was right now. It wasn't surprising at all considering he had just come out of a fight in the sixties to go straight into a fight with the Sparrow Academy, which was honestly just a whole other problem on it's own.  He had already anticipated that the timeline would've been somewhat impacted from their rendezvous in the sixties, but this was a whole other level of fucked up.

"That didn't go well" Diego commented as they all walked onto a deck in the middle of a park that overlooked a large pond, Anthony recognized the park from when he was a kid. The man groaned as he leaned against a railing, stretching out.

"No, not our best work." Number Five agreed as he sat down on one of the picnic tables.

Klaus lay on top of a picnic table, moving his body slightly and making noises as he moved "Oh! I'm cracking." he stated loudly.

"Are you all right?" Allison looked over at Luther, who was staring off to the distance looking confused, as he did most of the time anyways.

"I don't know yet," he replied "I've just never had my ass handed to me like that before. It's like-" he made a motion with his hands "Here you go, it's your ass."

She looked at him with confusion before patting him on the back "Okay, I think Luther's concussed."

Klaus leaned forward and held up his hand "Okay, how many fingers?" he asked.

The man didn't respond, looking as if he had just suddenly realized something. "Oh my God, Vanya!"

"Oh thank God you're all alive." she stated as she finally walked onto the deck with the other siblings, they had honestly all sort of forgotten about her.

"Apparently so is Ben," Klaus commented.

"Yeah, and he's a complete dickhead" Allison stated.

"They're all dickheads" Diego added.

"Dickheads who can fight" Luther nodded.

Five looked between them "Okay the next person to say 'dickhead' is getting a punch to the throat." he threatened, which ultimately just backfired on him.

"Dickhead."
"Dickhead."
"Dickhead."
"Dickhead."

"Dickhead." Anthony finished with a smile, Five rolling his eyes and sighing. "You should've seen that coming babes." 

The boy only shook his head slightly. "Hey, did Dad tell you why he was calling them his kids?" Diego asked the group, looking over at them.

"He sure did!" Klaus laughed. "You ready? Dad was so repulsed by us back in Texas, that he adopted an entirely different group of children just so that he didn't have to raise us." he explained.

"Oh that's just peak dad" Diego said as he sat down.

"So he just didn't want us anymore?" Vanya asked.

Allison looked over "Did he ever?"

"See? I told you all we shouldn't have asked him for help back in '63." Luther complained to them.

"No" Anthony shook his head, "You're the one that went after him and showed up at his house claiming you were his son, don't blame this on us!"

Five looked at them, "I think you're all missing the big picture here" he spoke "Dad didn't adopt us as kids so he changed the timeline. So who knows what else could be different now?"

"Shouldn't you know?" Allison asked.

Anthony raised an eyebrow "No?"

"Sorry Allison, but it might take me more than twenty minutes and a traumatic brain injury to figure this all out. Is that okay with you?" he asked.