seventy three

chapter seventy three: labyrinth

Five was a terrible husband.

Seriously, no matter what he did or what he tried he always just ended up fucking everything up even more each time. It seemed as if he just kept making mistake after mistake and he just kept having to deal with the consequences of those mistakes, no matter how much they inevitably hurt him and his partner.

He didn't know much about relationships, this had been his first and his only one, but he was almost certain that it wasn't supposed to hurt him as much as this one had already.

Their relationship had always been somewhat complicated, they had never been a normal couple and trouble just always seemed follow them no matter what timeline they were in, especially when they were at the Commission, and Five had fucked up so many times it was honestly a miracle that he had managed to keep him this long.

This fuck up felt different to the others, only because he had quite literally warned himself in advance that something like this was going to happen. His older self had made sure that he knew that he had to protect Anthony no matter what, and yet he didn't even take much notice of that warning, basically allowing for everything to unfold in front of him.

It was one of his last words in another timeline, his last words told him to firstly not to save the world and secondly to protect "him" as much as possible, and it didn't exactly take a genius to figure out who the 'him' was, of course it was his husband.

Five was more focused on stopping the apocalypse, the kugelblitz, than he was in heading the warnings about his own husband. This had been preventable, it shouldn't have happened, and yet he still allowed it to happen without even attempting to stop it.

It was his fault; he knew that, and he was fully aware of the fact that he had indirectly killed his husband.

He didn't entirely blame himself though, because he wasn't the one that had quite literally stabbed him through the heart. That had been someone else, and he was also certain it was his father and that his sister had a big part of it happening.

Five had known long ago that something had been up with Allison, it was clear since the moment they had gotten to the new timeline that she wasn't the same person she had previously been only a mere couple of days ago. She was different, and it was honestly disturbing to watch it unfold.

He really had been concerned for her at first, because he understood her pain in big way, he also had lost everything he ever had. Five also felt guilty knowing that some of this was his fault in a way, he was the one that said they should time travel, and that is exactly what ruined everything.

The boy had felt so much empathy for her up until the point of where she had began blatantly threatening and lashing out on his husband. Five hadn't even cared too much when she had killed Harlan, but when she started going for Anthony he just couldn't take any of her bullshit any longer.

It didn't take a genius to figure out that she had made some sort of deal with their father, even if he hadn't seen her in the White Buffalo Suite. She had been acting strange the entire time, the way she fake apologized to everyone and then tried to convince them to get into that tunnel; she had been trying to manipulate them the entire time.

Five didn't believe for a second that it was a coincidence that Anthony was the one dead; she had always wanted him gone, so of course she would target him first. He was also an easy target, he wasn't exactly good at combat or confrontation, and he felt too much empathy for people that even he felt a lot of sadness towards her situation.