I'm So Confused

I was on Draken's bike driving home, when I asked, "Why did Baji joined Valhalla?"

"Tsk it's all because of Kazutora. Baji lose all his judgment when it comes to him just like last time" well Draken's really in a bad mood so I didn't ask more.

*The Next Day*

I got dragged by Kazutora himself. I don't know how he found me. He's Valhalla's No.3 now. As I didn't want any problems and also I wanted to see Baji so I went quietly. He led me to Takemitchy's school. He asked us to follow him.

When we exited the classroom, I saw Takemitchy was deep in thoughts.
"You can say no if you're scared. I'll handle it" and put assuring hands on his shoulder.

"No I can't back down now. If I follow him maybe I'll have a chance to bring Baji-kun back to Toman"

"Baka(idiot) you can't bring him back not now at least but I like your spirit kid"

"Why do you think he want us to follow him?"

"I have no idea but don't worry if something happens I'll protect you with all I got"

He smiled and said, "then I'll be counting on you Avana-chan" and I smiled back. "Oh by the way, how's your wound? Sorry Baji punched you yesterday"

"It's all fine now"

He asked Kazutora alot of questions and it seemed that he don't know anything about him. At last we reached there. As we walked in the abandoned arcade, a gloomy atmosphere took over. In spite of being such a bright day, it felt so humid and the smoke of cigarettes was so strong that it even choked a smoker like me. A few steps ahead many members stood in a circle creating a fighting ring. And in the fighting ring there was Baji of top of Chifuyu, beating the shit out of him. How could he beat him like that?!. Takemitchy asked Kazutora what's going on and he said that it's Test of Faith for proving Baji's loyalty to Valhalla. Isn't Baji taking it too far? I know he wants to make Hanma accept him but....... I have to stop him.

I went infront of Baji, held his collars and pushed him backwards. "Stop it Baji. Cut it out" he didn't replied but tried to push me and continue with his punches. Then I lowered my voice so that only he can hear and said, "You'll hurt him beyond recovery. Don't kill him" He still didn't replied but pushed me away and stood up. Chifuyu's laying there unconscious with his face all bruised and blood is dripping from his nose and mouth and right eye heavily injured. I squated down next to him and checked his pulse. It was really high. He needs to be treated soon.

"Was that good enough for you? Huh Hanma?" Baji spoke up

Hanma grined and called out to Kazutora and he introduced us as Toman's newest members. From the tone.... Are we going to be the next sample for test of faith?! No! Even if it's all an act I won't let Baji hurt the kid more than he already did! I got up grabbed Takemitchy's hand and pulled him behind me in a protective manner. "I won't let you hurt this kid Baji"

"And who are you to stop me?" Baji tilted his head and said. Gosh! Someone give this guy an Oscar. He took a good look at Takemitchy and said, "Aren't you the brat from yesterday?! Did you come here to die?" The whole crowd cheered Baji to kill him. What's that look in Baji's eyes it's like he'll even kill Takemitchy to gain their trust. That's really dangerous! I tighten my grip on Takemitchy's hand.

Suddenly Hanma spoke up, "Toman's former 1st Division Captain wants to leave Toman and join Valhalla. This is one hell of a deal. He can help us to crush Toman but he can also be a spy so I asked Kazutora to bring witnesses" he walked towards us and asked, "You're Hanagaki? And you're Avana?" We both nodded. He further asked, "What did Baji said before leaving Toman?" Before I could say anything Takemitchy said exactly what Baji said before leaving Toman. He must be scared seeing Chifuyu's condition. It's normal to be scared.

Hanma asked Kazutora and he confirmed Baji's place in Valhalla and asked Baji to help him crush Toman and kill Mikey and Baji promised that he'll help him. He got what he want that's good. Everything went according to plan. I went near Chifuyu and held him. Suddenly Takemitchy asked, "You're a founding member of Toman along with Mikey, right? How can you betray him?"

(a/n- watch episode 15 and 16. Basically Baji was talking about what happened 2years ago how he and Kazutora wanted to steal a bike to gift it on his birthday but unknowingly broke in Mikey's brother Shinichiro's shop and Kazutora killed Shinichiro because he saw Baji's face. He was shocked when Baji mentioned that it was Mikey's older brother who he had killed and unable to take so much Kazutora blamed it all on Mikey"

Woah! I knew that Kazutora killed Shinichiro but now I know why.... Hanma asked us to inform Mikey that the fight will go down on 31st August on an abandoned parking lot. Then we exited the arcade with Takemitchy, carrying Chifuyu and leaving Baji with Valhalla.

When Takemitchy and we parted he said, "Thank you for today Avana-chan"

"I didn't do anything. See you at the next meeting then"

"Yeah"

Chifuyu gained consciousness on the way but was unble to walk so I carried him on my back. On reaching his home I disinfected his wounds and bandaged them properly.

"Baji-san's quite tough isn't he? His punches are the real deal. That's why no enemy can get close to him"

"He beat the shit out of you and this is the first thing you said? You're hilarious Chifuyu" I said with a smile as I was in his kitchen to cook him some porridge.

He followed behind and said, "Oh please don't hate Baji-san I'm sure he must have a reason to get into Valhalla. And I think it's because of Kisaki"

"I thought it was because of Kazutora" pretending not to know anything.

"I don't think so because I remember him mentioning that he'll bring Kazutora-san to Toman and will make him talk things over with Mikey"

"Alright alright enough of that, now eat some porridge. You must be hungry" and handed him the bowl.

"Aren't you going to eat Avana-san?"

"No I've to return before Ni-chan starts complaining" he laughed said okay. "Take a good rest" I said and then left.

I climbed up through the stairs upto the fourth floor and stood directly under Baji's room's balcony. Since the ceiling wasn't that high, I easily climbed up his balcony and entered his room opening the glass door without anyone noticing.

I waited for him on the floor. After a while I heard the main door opening, I stood behind his door and waited for him to open it.

"I'll change and come out quickly" It was Baji's voice. Is there someone with him?

He opened the door and entered the room, I pushed him to the wall with my hand on his lips and with the other hand, I closed the door. He was surprised to see me there, his eyes widened. I put my index finger on my mouth, gesturing him not to speak and then slowly let go of his mouth and he spoke in a really low voice, "What are you doing here now? Kazutora's here"

"Fuck! Then hide me quick!"

"Go inside the closet quickly and don't come out unless I say so"

"You okay man?" Came the voice from the other side of the door.

"Yeah everything's fine just changing" Baji replied.

Kazutora and he talked for a bit and then he left after a while. The whole time I was inside the kitchen. Baji knocked on the closet door and I came out and punched him.......

TO BE CONTINUED..........