T W O

Scarlett Vanderburg's POV

I wack the ball back against the ball back to Quinn harder than it was sent to me trying to keep it in the line, but at a speed he can't hit it. It does what I need to, and I win the round, but as always he has to argue with me.

"That was out of the line."

"No it wasn't, it was definitely in."

We could both stand there arguing for days, it was the exact reason we had started recording our play sessions. Tennis sessions were part of our Tuesday and Thursday routine, then on Sunday afternoon we went and played golf with our dad's, the other days of the week we did other things if we had the time to, but it was more for the hanging out aspect of it. I grab my phone off the stand and replay the last few seconds of the game, showing the ball was in fact in the line and I won the round.

"Want to play another round." I shake my head. "What, scared I'll annihilate you?"

"Of course not, who had just won three rounds in a row." I point out, grabbing my racket and moving towards our bags. I gulped down as much water as I could, then took off my cap and poured the water over my hair. "I have a meeting with a big client and I have to look as professional as possible."

"You always look professional, it's like your brand." He rolls his eyes but also picks up his things following me out the court. We walk together in the sunshine heading towards the gym building, inside we don't stop at any equipment or classes, heading straight to our respective showers. "We'll still have breakfast together, right?"

"Of course, I need to have some coffee."

"You're addicted to that stuff, Lettie."

I roll my eyes watching him walk away, like I don't already know that.

Half an hour later we're still opposite each other on the grass of the golf course, since it was still just past seven o'clock it wasn't in use, so we wouldn't be hit by any stray balls. We had a breakfast spread around us, coffee and a different assortment of pastries and sandwiches.

"So what's this about a new case?"

I shrug, but he looks at me expectantly. "For some rich dude, he's a couple of years older than us and damn good at his job from what I heard, but had some sort of problems within his company."

"Are you worried about working for him?" I shake my head. It wasn't him that was the problem. "So, what's wrong with the Lettie bug?"

Quinn had this way of getting me to open up about the things I didn't want to burden my parents with, we had hit it off right after we met and now seven years later, still and inseparable as the day we met.

"All four of them work there."

"Your siblings?" I nod. "How do four siblings all get accepted to work at one company?"