F O U R T E E N

Third Person's POV

Third Person's POV

Tristian was nervous, not as anxious as he had been when talking to his sister a couple days prior but relatively high up on the scale. He felt like he was sweating through his clothes and his hands felt all clammy. But he gathered up all the little bit of his confidence and knocked on the door to his parents' bedroom for the talk they had been needing to have for a very long time.

"Come in." His mother called and he stepped through the door, seeing his parents seated on the couches on the other side of the bedroom. "What's wrong, Tristian."

Tristan felt like crying at the worry on his mother's face, he didn't deserve it. His parents knew exactly what he had done to his baby sister and they still showed him love and care, not as much as they had done before the accident but not enough to make a difference.

"Umm, ca-can we talk?"

The Lawson couple glanced at each other, they knew exactly what this was about. They had received a weird message from Scarlett a few days prior and they hadn't known what it had meant but the pieces were falling into place mentally know for them.

"Sure, take a seat son." Thomas instructed, pointing at the seat facing them. "What did you need to talk about?"

Tristan was sweating bullets through his clothes. He didn't want to do this, he was terrified and a small part of him wanted to dismiss this and go back to playing ignorant about the situation but his conscience wouldn't allow him, not that he would. He owed this to Scarlett more than anyone. And even though there was a chance he wouldn't ever have a relationship with her again he knew he needed to at least make an effort.

"I'm sorry."

"For what?" Thomas pressed, he knew exactly what Tristian was apologising for but he needed to hear the words out loud.

"For everything, for taking Scarlett out that day and letting her take the blame, and never ever speaking up about it."

Thomas thought when the day came that he finally got to confront his kids about that night that he would unleash hell on them, that he would finally make them realise how messed up what they did was, that all he would feel was anger but he didn't.

All he felt was sorrow, sorrow for the child that lost everything all at once but gained so much more and sorrow for the child that was still losing everything piece by piece. The one who had been weighed down by guilt for years.

Where had he and his wife gone wrong in parenting their children?

"Why didn't you, it's been years, Tristian why come to us now?" Cassandra asks a little less harshly than her husband.

"I don't have any excuse for that. I thought you would hate me and I was scared you wouldn't want anything to do with me. I don't know. I really did want to and almost came to you multiple times but..." Tristan didn't finish his sentence, he didn't have to. They all knew what he was going to say, he was talked out of it by his older siblings. "I don't know, I saw Scarlett those weeks ago and this intense guilt resurfaced. I've been trying to get the others to speak up as well but I don't think they will."