T W E N T Y T W O

Calix Radcliff's POV

It was still dark when Scarlett and I were doing the last checks around our apartments, we could faintly see the sun on the horizon but the sky was still a navy blue that was slowly turning to a rich purple.

"Do you have everything?" I check with her, she pulls her suitcases together. A full matching set in a light beige colour.

"I think so." Scarlett yawns. "But the things I don't have I'm sure I can buy."

The two of us make our way to the elevator, switching off the last of our lights as we leave. Downstairs Scarlett's driver, Benny, was waiting for us. I had met him a couple of times and he was really nice, it was obvious that he liked his job and Scarlett as an employer.

"Good morning Benny." Scarlett greets me as she slides into one side of the car and I take the other side. I echoed a similar greeting and soon we were submerged in the early morning traffic of New York City.

Scarlett lay her head onto the side of my arm, obviously still really tired. She was busy with the final preparations for my case yesterday and when she got home she still needed to pack for our little trip. I hadn't known he was still up until she let it slip this morning about her evening.

She had reassured me it wasn't my fault but I still felt a little guilty.

But I also felt relieved, our trip was five days, we were leaving on Wednesday, which was today and we would be back on Sunday evening for our court case to start on Monday.

As much as I hated to say I was nervous, not that I didn't think Scarlett would win but I had a lot riding on this. The thing that was keeping me sane though was that Scarlett thought we had this in the bag, she was certain we were going to win and I trusted her more than anything

"Are you okay?" I whisper, leaving a soft kiss on the top of her head.

She hums back in response, "Yes, I think I'm going to rest for a bit before we get to the airport though."

Instead of replying I just rub small circles on her back, lulling her to sleep. I read on my phone, making sure my volume was off the whole ride and when we were approaching the airport I felt bad to wake her up she needed to be woken up, but I was glad she had gotten just about an hour of rest.

"Scarlett," I whisper, stroking her hair softly, I stay like that for a few minutes, watching her eyes flutter open, blinking slowly as she takes in her surroundings. "Good morning, Angel."

"Are we there?"

"Yeah." I open a water bottle and pass it to her which she gratefully takes.

"M'sorry I fell asleep on you."

"I'm glad you got some rest." she sat up and gathered all her things as Benny slowed to a stop.

"Thank you, Benny." Scarlett thanks. "I left some things for Mya on the seat."