E L E V E N

Third Person's POV

Third Person's POV

Scarlett wasn't exactly sure why she agreed to go to this gala with Calix, especially since all four of the people she was currently avoiding were in attendance to the event, but other than that she was looking forward to it. She had got dressed in an elegant silk dress that draped perfectly around her form, accentuating her best features. The dress was almost an exact match to the colour of her eyes and made them seem even brighter than normal. Scarlett had also spent the better part of an hour figuring out exactly how to do her hair, pinning it in a low, extremely complicated bun with more bobby pins than she thought possible, but she was proud of how her appearance turned out.

 Scarlett had also spent the better part of an hour figuring out exactly how to do her hair, pinning it in a low, extremely complicated bun with more bobby pins than she thought possible, but she was proud of how her appearance turned out

Now she was waiting around for the clock to hit six. She knew Calix would arrive right on the dot, not a minute earlier or later than the agreed time. Scarlett watched the clock wondering if the last minute would ever finish, but when it did a soft knock rang through her apartment like she knew it would. Slowly, she moved towards the door, opening it revealing the man she had been waiting for.

Calix Radcliff knew how to clean himself up, although Scarlett saw him almost every day in a suit, he looked a lot more polished than his daily attire. He wore a three-piece suit, black slacks, blazer and waistcoat, which covered an almost hidden white shirt. Instead of one of his unusual tie's in its place, sat a perfectly straight black bow-tie. Calix's hair had been gelled back and his usual rings and watch sat in their place.

"You look magnificent, Scarlett." The sincerity in his voice made Scarlett's cheeks flush. She attempts to look down, so he doesn't spot it, but his hand grasping her chin stops her and instead forces her to look at him. "These are for you."

It was only then did Scarlett notice the massive bouquet of red roses in his hand. She knew how expensive flowers were after often buying them for her office and home, but seeing the quality and size, she knew this bouquet would have cost him a small fortune.

"You didn't have to, but they're beautiful." With her heels she was almost level with his cheek, so she leaned up a little more, pressing a soft hiss to it. "Thank you Calix."

"Anything for you, Angel." He smiled, loving her reaction. If it always garnered the same reaction he might find himself spending more time at the flower shop not far from his office. He led her to the elevator, pressing the button for the garage.