N I N E

In honour of a thousand reads, a double update.

Enjoy

Ara <3

Calix Radcliff's POV

"You did not!" Silas exclaims looking at the two blondes at what could only be called awe.

"Oh, we totally did." Quinn carries on. "We were in so much trouble with my dad, he was absolutely livid, but this one over here already had the whole lawyer persona thing nailed down by the time we were sixteen and got us reduced sentences. We were the first kids at risk to be expelled from a delinquent academy if it wasn't for Scarlett but then again she was the ringleader dragging us all with her."

Scarlett takes a sip of her wine, rolling her eyes at her friend's dramatics. "Stop being so dramatic, I only asked you if you wanted to participate in the activity with me, you all joined out of free will."

"And you make it sound like a soccer match or something, Lettie bug." Quinn fights back. "You had everyone wrapped around your fingers and you damn well knew it."

That causes everyone to erupt into another round of laughter. At first when I saw Scarlett and Quinn interact I thought they were together or at least on track to getting there but after observing them for a bit it was clear that it was completely platonic between the two. They depended heavily on each other but always held the other up. It was both beautiful and heart-breaking.

Scarlett might have opened up to me a little bit earlier, but if I'm right and I hope I'm not, I've not even scratched the surface. But I'm glad to have her open up to me, I don't know why I just want to be there for her, to know all her secrets and listen to her, he was extremely pleased when he learnt they were going to live right by each other. It was a complete coincidence but one that worked in his favour.

"I haven't actually asked this, how did the nickname Lettie bug come about?"

That brings a small smile to both their faces. "When Lettie transferred to Atkins she was this shy, little thing. We were put as roommates and she wouldn't utter a word to anyone other than her parents or Meredith. Then one day in our dorm room the first time she interacts with me is to help her save a ladybug which had got stuck somewhere. I ended her helping with her mission impossible and we got along pretty well and after much warming up we became as inseparable as we are today. The nickname is a tribute to that."

"It needed help Q." Scarlett argues.

"I know Lettie." Quinn cooes, making her sigh in exasperation. "So what about you two?"

"We met in first grade." Silas starts excitedly. "It's no secret that Cal comes from money so his parents paid for him to go to RCA but my mom was a teacher there so she got free school fees. We didn't have a fraction of the amount of money the rich brats at school had but it didn't really matter to most of the kids but I think there were a couple that used to pick on me because I had a torn bag or not as nice of a lunch as they did but one day Cal noticed and stood up for me then shared his lunch. We became best friends and the students were promptly expelled because RCA doesn't accept bullying no matter your social standing and the rest was history."