CHAPTER 17 - Premonition [By Jenn]

The crowd applauds as Edward Slayne enter the set with a microphone in his right palm, waving the audience with his left hand. He has a big grin on his face as he waits for the crowd to settle. He walks to the center stage where there are three couches, one on his left hand side and the other two on his right. Behind him is a huge screen that flashes the word “Psychics Tonight: The Edward Slayne Show”. He sits on the couch on his left and begins to welcome his fans. “I know…” He says, “I know you’re not here because of me”. He smiles as he continues, “Or else, how do we explain more 12 years old here today instead of the adults?” The crowd broke into laughter. “Let’s not waste any more time and welcome our guests for tonight” He raises his voice in confident, “Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez!” The crowd applauds and screams as Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber enter the set, waves at the crowd and take seats on the couch next to Edward Slayne.

The crew passes microphones to both Selena and Justin. Edwards shakes hand with both of his guests and waits for the crowd to settle. Then, he says, “So… What makes you guys agree to join this show?”

Justin is the first to answer, “Well, for me, I just want to see how good you are.”

The crowd broke into laughter and small chattering and Selena adds, “I heard you’re good!”

The crowd applauds. Justin and Selena laugh as they stare at each other. Edward flashes a charming smile as he says, “I am good!”

The crowd screams again and applauds loudly. Then, Edward continues, “Why don’t we try something?”

Selena looks excited and says, “Wow! Sounds interesting. What do we do?”

Edward turns to look at Justin and says, “As you know, I’m a psychic. So, let’s see if I know something about you that no one else knows.”

Selena and Justin exchange looks as Edward says, “Any one of you. Who wants to go first?”

Edward is gifted. He can see the future. He can hear people’s thoughts. He can slips into a person’s past and he can change the present. Most people only know him as a psychic but the truth is, he’s one of them. One of the demon’s creation. Only that he was able to change his path and find peace with the world. The world he once hated. The world he once tainted. The world as we know it.

“Okay.” Selena says and continue, “I go first!”

The crowd applauds again. Then, Selena interrupts, “Because Justin is such a scardy cat”

The crowd laughs and Justin only smiles as he talks to Selena, “I’d like to know your secrets.”

Selena laughs and Edwards then says, “Okay. Let’s do this.”

Then, Edward closes his eyes, left alone deep in his thoughts. He tears down the barriers he put up within his mind one by one slowly. He had learnt to put up the barriers to avoid him from seeing the future and the past of everyone around him, hearing their thoughts every day and every second. That’s the only way he could keep himself from going crazy, like a lunatic he once was. As his barriers collapses, he begins to hear the thoughts from people in the room. “This guy can’t be real” The thought of the man at the third row on the left. “I wonder what Selena’s been keeping from Bieber!” That’s the 12 year old on the front row and the voices go on and on. Edward focuses his thoughts towards the two people sitting near him. Then he hears, “When will he be ready?” Those are from Selena. “What if she knows ‘bout the one night stand. I shouldn’t have agreed to come here. But, no way this guy is really a psychic, right?” Justin had so many things going on in his mind, so Edward shifts his focus to only Selena. Justin is too distracting and he doesn’t want to know what’s going on in his mind anyway. Now, Edward is ready.

“Selena, I want you to think of a year like 1991 or 2011.” Edwards says.

2010. Wait! No! 2011. Or maybe 2012. Just 2010.” Selena thought in her head. Edward smiles. “Which of the three years you’re going for?” Edward asks.

Selena gasps in awe as she asks, “You can read my mind?”

Edward smiles and says, “So, is it the last one?”

Then, Selena answers in her mind, “Yes. 2010.

She smiles. Edward nods, “Then, 2010 it is.”

Selena shakes her head in disbelief, “He can read my mind!”

The crowd claps and screams excitedly. “Let’s see…” Edward continues.

And the show just rolls on. Among the crowd, a man is seated at the second row from the last row. He is wearing a hat and a wicked smile on his face. Then he smirks and whispers silently, “Oh Edward! Such a waste.”