CHAPTER 14 - Ella ~The Longing~ [By Tsuki]

Plague drives people insane. Whether it was in the past or even now, people are wary of them. Long ago, people associated plague with witchcraft and assassinate those accused of involved in it. Humans, even since then, are evil. They want war. They want to conquer. They are greedy. And they destroy those obstructing their path. Little do they know that they’ll even destroy themselves.

However, it came as a surprise to me that humans are also capable of compassion. They can love and will protect those that they love. But their will to love is as strong as their will to destroy. What a twisted side to them. They are a bit... how do I say this? ...Fascinating? They have short period of time to live. Some live their short life for goodness even though they had come accross being bad in their life, there will come a time when they want to be good. Some of them however, turn from good to bad, when their dark will persuades them. How fascinating... the ever changing humans... But I, I am neither good or evil. I am neither alive or dead. I am not touched by emotions. I am hollow. And as much as I am granted an eternal life, I really just want it to end.

~~~~~

“Ella, are you even listening to me?” Lilly asked me. I was so lost in my thoughts that I didnt even know that she was talking to me.

“Owh my. Are you talking to me?” I asked her, feeling silly.

“You are evil...” Lily said after a long sigh.

“What was it about?” I asked, trying to put her at ease.

“I said I’m bored. I want to find something to toy with.” She said. Yes, of course. That’s just Lily. Since we were destined to bring destruction, she just follows the damn rule. She’s just being evil, because she was made that way. I was also made that way. But, lately, why am I feeling like we could actually change this?

“Then, just go and find someone” I said matter-of-factly.

“What? How about you? Didn’t you want to toy with something too?” Lilly asked. I know it’s been bothering her lately because I seem to lose interest in hurting people.

“Hmm... Maybe not.” I said.

“Don’t tell me you have grown fond of the humans, Ella.” Lilly said. Way to go! A good guess from her. This is silly. She always make precise guesses. But do I like them? The humans?

“Not quite. Don’t be silly.” I said, reassuring her. She only sigh silently. I understand that she is bored. Me too. I am bored too. We have after all live for a very, very, very, very, very, very long time... Wait. What is this feeling so suddenly? I can feel a presence. Not quite far from here. This is kind of surprising. “Lilly,” I called my sister, sounding very serious. “It’s Carldrig.”

“What?! Really?” Lilly said, surprised.

“I can sense him. He’s near.” I said.

“Well then, let’s go pay our old friend a visit.” Lily said, smiling as she did. Hmm... My little sister is dying to kill her boredom, huh?