Prologue [By Safiah]

PROLOGUE [by safiah] 

    She was smiling. Her pink lips curved upwards and then parted to make way to a set of white whining teeth. Her whole face transformed from the simple gesture. From a grumpy old maid to a fair maiden. It was like a radiant sun suddenly shone its light through the cloudy sky and lit up the whole town. Okay, I was exaggerating but that was what it felt like precisely at that moment. I was swayed for a while, and I had to mentally shake myself from straying away from my mission. My true purpose. The real reason I was standing here, looking at her, and has to approach her. So I began walking, step by step, towards her. 

**************************************************

    I saw him, walking purposefully towards me. His eyes never left mine and I was mesmerized. It’s crazy really because I don’t even know the guy, but I can’t help it. It’s as if a power was holding my gaze with his. It doesn’t scare me at all, it just drew me in. He did have the most gorgeous eyes. It was oval, with the colour of the sea. The clear glittering seawater under the sun. And his eyebrows as well. It’s perfectly arched above his eyelid. Really, how can a man had such beautiful eyes. It’s so unfair. I kept drowning in the depth of his yes, the intensity of his gaze. But only momentarily. As my rational mind start functioning again, I realize how awkward the situation is. How crazy and absurd it must be. But as always, my heart never listened to my brain. As always, it rebelled at the notion. For my heart, it was the perfect moment. Of what, I couldn’t be sure…yet. 

**************************************************