CHAPTER 18 - The World, As We Know It [By Jenn]

CHAPTER 18 – The World, As We Know It [By Jenn]

Lyle stares at the two girls in confusion. “Excuse me, are you looking for someone?” He asks exchanging looks with Ted. Lily smiles as she says, “Yes. We’re looking for our brother actually.” The smile on her face is evil. Ella stands there silently. “Your brother?” Lyle asks curiously. Then, Ella begins to speak, “I see you haven’t met him. When will you turn 18?” Lyle scoffs as he says, “You two are not making any sense.” He turns to look at Ted and slowly pulls Ted away from the twin, “Let’s get out of here.” Then, Ella asks, “Don’t you want to know how you have all that power?”

Lyle stops. He turns around to face the twin. Lily is smiling mysteriously while Ella shows no particular expression. “Oh Carldrij! How long are you going to hide in there? Do you want me to kill you again? Like I did some 200 years ago?” Lily is toying with Lyle. Lyle wants to just tell the girls to shut the fuck up but somehow he isn’t able to open up his mouth. It is as if he is shouting and screaming in anger but his mouth stays shut and his face looks extremely calm. He has no idea about what’s happening to him. He feels trapped and he’s confused. Ted stares at him. He’s trying to ask help from Ted but it appears that Ted cannot see his crying for help. He feels helpless. The other time this happened to him, the earth around him would move and shook and shattered but strangely this time, everything around him is fine, just the way it is. Lyle finds himself smiling but he knows damn too well that it isn’t him who’s smiling. “My! My! Dear Lilith” Lyle speaks with a deep voice and a very calm composure. Lily and Ella begin to notice that the person speaking is no longer the boy he was five minutes ago. This is definitely Carldrij, overtaking Lyle’s body and he continues to say, “And dear Carmilla.” He smiles as he bows his head at Ella. Ella returns the bow with a blank expression as always. Ted eyes Lyle as he is speaking. “Lyle, do you know them?” He asks. Carldrij turns his head slowly to look at Ted and he then says, “the direct descendent of Eva-Maria. Just another blood bag.” Ted does not understand a single word Lyle is saying. “What the hell is wrong with you?” Ted screams. Carldrij smile wickedly then he closes his eyes slowly and just like that, Ted collapsed to the ground.

Lyle is screaming in the inside and shouts Ted’s name over and over but he is unable to control his body. Lily then asks Carldrij, “You do know you’re showing up too early?” Carldrij smiles and says, “I’m stronger that he is. I am in full control.” Then, Lily says, “I’m surprise you’re still alive and kicking.”

“I cannot be killed, dear sister” Carldrij answers.

“Why did you kill father?” Ella asks.

Carldrij is about to put some evil answers into words but his body’s beginning to feel uneasy. His legs are moving on it’s own and his mouth begins to scream. The ground around him begins to shake and in split second, he loses control over Lyle’s body.  Lyle, in full control of his body now, runs towards Ted who is unconscious. “Ted, are you okay?” Ted opens up his eyes slowly then he says, “What happens?”

Lyle looks up searching for the twin but they are no longer there. He looks down at Ted and says, “Look, I’ll explain everything okay? Now, let’s get out of here.”

Lyle picks Ted up from the ground and slowly walks him away from there.

Away in the distance, Ella whispers, “Told you not to appear before he turns 18.”