CHAPTER 8 - Twisted [By Jenn]

Chapter 8 - Twisted (by Jenn)

NEW YORK, 2 years ago

Samantha walked through the hallway of the luxurious mansion situated at Murray Street, New York. The feeling was majestic and indulging. She glanced around the room she had just stepped into and smiled with satisfaction. People came here with their own twisted agenda digested deep in their souls. So was she. Some would view event such as this as a place to find love, some desired fame, and others were plain opportunists. It was easy to tell from just the way they dressed. For Samantha, this place was a treasure hut, filled with gold, diamonds, luxurious watches and so many other items she can sell for money. She had lived for almost 400 years to know that the only way to live without having to do any job was to take from others. It was not difficult anyway.

There were two bars along the walls leading to a white stage set against the back wall. Some leather couches were placed at the middle of the room. She saw two women talking to each other by one of the couch. One of them was wearing a sleek white dress with shoulder-grazing chandelier diamond earrings that totally stole Samantha’s attention. On her hand was an exclusively designed diamond bracelet that already became Samantha’s target. The other women wore a striking blush pink Chanel embroidered gown with flutter sleeves and floral appliqués. She looked elegant with the House of Lavande Vintage necklace on her neck. Those were the two items Samantha would took as an opening of her twisted agenda for tonight. Samantha walked towards the two women, pass them by and they didn’t even notice that their most beautiful accessories were stolen. Samantha smiled knowing how experience was definitely her closest friend. What she learned from her past was the fact that the weak will be preyed upon and the smart strive to win and she wanted to win.

Away in the distance stood a man with a black suit and a hard-not-to-look golden watch. She could not take her eyes off of the watch. It was almost as if the watch was calling out to be taken away from that man. She walked towards the man ignoring everything that’s going on around her. Ignoring how the blonde girl was throwing herself into the spoiled rich brat. Ignoring the fact that the two lovers were holding hands and looking into each other’s eyes at how lucky they were to be together tonight. The man with the golden watch did not appear to see her. He was too preoccupied with staring down all the lovely women in the room. ‘What a jerk’ she thought. ‘Just another man with his own twisted mind’. Samantha slipped pass him reaching out for the watch, unattached it in split seconds and walked away from him.

She gasped suddenly at the sight she thought she saw. She was not sure but it was almost as if she felt that he was smiling as she took the watch away from him. ‘Shit!’ she guessed he probably figured out what she had just done. She quickly eyed for the exit. It was to her left so she moved directly towards it, hoping he could not catch up to her. The doormen opened the door for her as she walked out of the mansion. ‘Phew! That was closed’. It was nearly impossible for anyone to read her movement but she was always prepared for any possibility and today just proved that it was worth preparing for. She walked calmly through the pavement thinking of the next place to go. The night was still so young.

“What are you planning to do with that watch?”

A voice suddenly appeared from behind her. She abruptly stopped. She knew running would be useless especially now that she wore these three inches heels. She sighed, as she turned around to a view of a man in his early thirties with a thick black hair and aqua blue eyes. She smiled mesmerizingly while raising her shoulder and said, “You caught me”.

She took the golden watch out of her purse and hand the watch over to him but he was just smiling as he said, “So, it’s just like that? You give it back to me and I’m suppose to just forgive you and let you go, right?”

Samantha sighed. “What do you want from me?”

The man smiled as he flashed a dashing smile.

“Take a walk with me” he responded. Samantha did not know how to react.

He continued to say, “You may hold on to watch for a bit, as you walk with me”.

She smiled. It was hard to believe at how confident the man was of himself.

She then said, “My mother said I shouldn’t be walking with someone I didn’t know”.

And of course, her mother never said that. She never even met her mother.

“I’m Phillip. Nice to meet you” He stretched his hands out for her.

Samantha shook his hand and said, “Samantha”.

She walked with him even though her mind keeps repeating the same warning. ‘Not again, Samantha’. She knew this would be troublesome. A handsome man with an attitude. A beautiful night of New York City. Anything could happen. She hoped this wouldn’t end the same way it ended for the man she knew back then. Just once. And once was enough for her to notice the evil in her. The pain he gave was too painful that the only way to ever let go of the pain was to rip his heart out. She never fell for any other man again afterwards. She was scared of how it would end. But surely, the night ended differently for her tonight.