CHAPTER 10 - Lyle ~Suppression~ [By Tsuki]

Chapter 10: Lyle ~Suppression~ (by Tsuki)  

Damn! It’s coming again... I gotta stop this. I feel agitated.  

“Are you okay, Lyle?” Ted asked.  

“I’m fine. Just gotta get to the bathroom, man. This dick can’t take it. Too many hot chicks!” I said. One sentence of it was a lie. Ted only smiles and shakes his head, as always when I say something like that. I hurriedly push myself through the crowd to get to the bathroom. Once I’m in, I lock the door and pull out the razor from my pocket. I had a knife in my other pocket, another razor in my left lower pocket, and a packet of nails in my right lower pocket. What was this all about? To suppress myself.  

Slowly, I cut my wrist on the scars from my previous cut that was not healed yet. I let the burning sensation pass through. There’s an X on my wrist now... It’s not like on TV, you know... The blood does not flow down quickly. It just slowly decends with a few dots coming out at first from the cut and when those dots connected with each other, then they flow... I feel at ease now. I did this for them, out there. To save them... To save Ted... from me. I’m a hero. I’m their savior.  

BANG!  

What’s that sound? Did someone came running to the front door of Emma’s house? When I got out of the bathroom, I heard people are screaming and running away. Ted was stunned. He just stares at these two people standing in front of him. It seems as if they’re the one who burst the front door open. What the hell? They can just knock and people will let them in. Now, someone needs to replace the door. Who are they, anyway?  

“Ted!” I called to him. He looked at me. I see fear in his eyes. I quickly get infront of him, as if blocking that man and woman from getting him. I pull out the knife from my other pocket. Shit, I think I left my razor in the bathroom but I got one more with me, right? “What d’you want?!” I asked to them. What a pose I’m in... As if I’m provoking them for a fight.  

“Whoa, this kid. Think he’s a hero?” That man said and the woman only laugh, an evil laugh at that. Like they were not afraid to die. Well they haven’t seen anything yet, right?  

“Lyle, go away. It’s me they want. You must stay out of this. You don’t know what they could do.” Ted said, persuading me by pulling my sleeve. There’s obvious fear in his eyes. I’ve never seen it before even during the time when we broke a few rules together and hope to not get caught by the police.  

“Listen to your friend, kiddo. You don’t want to mess with us.” The woman said. “We’re here for Ted.”  

“Over my dead body.” I said. And yes, I am not afraid. Whatever they could do, huh? Do they know what I can do? I feel the rush again. This agitated feeling. But, I just let it in this time. I don’t need to go and slit my wrist this time. This time, I need it so I don’t have to suppress it. I put the knife back into my pocket. The man and woman smile. They thought that I’m all talk and no show. Ted seems relief too. He also thought that i’ll withdraw. How silly. And I’m burning. I feel my body burning. There’s shock and fear in their eyes now. Ted seems more confused than ever. My body is leviatating. I’m floating in thin air as my eyes from the normal emerald color now turn to the color of fire like a volcano erruption.  

“Well, well. What do we have here?” The man said. He’s not afraid. And the woman too. They are not afraid. They are just surprised. But they are not afraid. Why? My mother, father, and sisters were not like that when I became this way 7 years ago. That was when I didn’t know how to suppress it. I end up killing all of them and set flames to the house. They were the people I loved. They were dead because of me. And now, I’m using it to save the people I love. But, my victims this time were not afraid. No sense of fear in them. Nothing. Why is that? I can’t wonder about that now. I must save Ted.  

The ground shook violently. This was my doing. And all the things in the house are floating in thin air, as I am. All the knives from the kitchen, the vase, the shard of glasses are floating and with one look, they all fly towards the man and woman. You don’t wanna know the details of what happen next. But, did they just smile? I think they did when they were hit. Maybe it’s just my imagination. I quickly pull Ted’s arm when my feet hit the ground and take him running to get away from that place. As soon as we got out, the house fell down to the ground and only a big pile of woods, metals, and God knows what else left.  

“What’s that, Lyle?” Ted asked.  

“That’s... me, Ted.” I said, feeling sad and distant at this. Now that he knew what I can do, he might not want to hang out with me anymore but instead, he held my hand.  

“Let’s go. We need to get out of here before the cops came.” He said. No judging in his eyes. It was as if he could accept me this way. And we run... When we got to a safer place, a place quite far away, he said, “they will still come and find me, Lyle. I don’t know what they want.”  

“What d’you mean? They’ll be dead for sure.” I said, confused.  

“Normal people will be dead, for sure. But not them.” Ted said, still with those fears in his eyes. I don’t understand what he said. Do i even want to understand? So, I just sat quietly beside him. I can feel him shaking in fear. And that’s when I decided that whatever happen, I will protect him. They can come if they want. Just come. But they’ll have to get through me before they get to Ted. I swear. I’m not losing another person that i care about in this world. Today, I had saved someone’s dear to me. I can use my curse to save others, right? I’m not only born to destroy and hurt others. I can protect them. I smiled at this thought.  

~~~  

Under the pile of run-down, Samantha and Phillip re-awake.  

“Seriously we need to stop wearing expensive clothing. They just got ripped out, stained, and burned in the end.” Phillip said.  

Samantha sighed, looking at the piles of what used to be a house.

“Now, who’s that kid? The one with Ted. His name was Lyle, right?”  

“Yeah. We should take him too. He’s awesome!” Phillip said with a sick look in his eyes.  

“Maybe we should.” Samantha said, smiling evilly.