CHAPTER 12 - What Are You Afraid Of? [By Tsuki]

They saw the twin sisters walking together by the side of the road. They thought that the sisters are perfect. They had fatigue body postures, long luscious blonde hair, deep magnificent surprisingly amethyst-like eyes (could it be contact lenses?), fair radiant skin that kind of glowed under the sunlight, and could not be less than 15 years of age. They couldn’t believe their fate to ever met such priceless beauties. They will kidnap the girls and sent them over to their chief... for prostitution.

~~~

“It’s so dark in here, right, Ella?”

Lily asked her sister. She can feel a nod from her sitting not more than two metres accross. “Strangely, I can see everything so clearly...” She said it malignantly followed by a small evil laughter that could shook anyone who heard it. It was as if she is not afraid... 

“Strangely,...” Ella uttered a word after a while. It might echo through the hall of cells unknown of existence of life due to the unbearable silence in that place. Sometimes, they think they could hear someone whimpers or cries nearby. Are they ghosts, probably? “Your eyes seem to glow in excitement, Lily.” Ella finished her sentence and they both gave out that small evil laugh again. As if they are mocking the place, the time, the people, and the situation. What are they hiding behind that laugh?

“Tell me, dear sister...” Lily asked with a wicked smile curved on her lips. “What are you afraid of?”

~~~

Nothing. That’s the answer they knew. They are not afraid of anything. Besides, what’s to be afraid of if it’s you that other people should be afraid of, right?

“So tell me, what are you afraid of?” Lily asked the person in front of him with the same wicked smile. The person, who is also known as ‘chief’ according to what the others called him, is not looking very happy. In fact, he is at the top of his temper, or so it seems to Lily. But she didn’t care. Even though she and Ella are standing side-by-side now in a small room looking like an interrogation room with the chief sitting at his desk, looking badass. Is this what they called their main office? It’s horrible-looking... And also with five armed men surrounding them, Lily feels no fear and the same goes for Ella who seems to find the current situation kind of amusing. “I think I know what you’re afraid of. You’re afraid of losing all

of this. The money, your people, your girls... Am I right?”

“You bitch! I’ll put that damn smile out of your face right away!” The chief said. This is becoming more amusing to Lily and Ella. “You! Take their clothes off! Rip them apart. Let us see that pretty little body of yours. I’ll be the first to taste them! Hahahahahahaha!” The

chief’s laughter is annoying and as one of the men touches Ella’s shoulder, Ella let out a laugh. An evil laugh loud and scary enough that made the chief and the others froze for a while.

“I’m sorry. But I am really ‘sick’. It’s contagious, you see.” Ella said and the hands that touched her shook violently as the men scream in pain. They had no idea what is happening. “They all die in one...” And blood spluttered out from their fingers and eyeballs. “Two...” Their brains split in two. “Three...” Their blood vessels blow. “Four...” They lay lifeless on the floor. “Oh I meant to count to five but that was a bit quick, don’t you think?” She ended her line with a small innocent-like chuckle but it was scary that the chief quiver in fear now.

“Oh you’ve just lost your men.” Lily said acting like she didn’t realize about what had just happened. It was a sinister act. “And you’re about to lose it all. Your fears... They are coming

to life.”

“J-Just who the hee-hell are you?!” The chief asked in fear.

“Since you’re about to die, it’s okay to tell you. My ancient name is Lilith. And hers is Carmilla. Ever ring a bell?” Lily asked to ensure if he has heard of their legend where most of the facts are untrue and altered in many ways. The chief just whimper in fear. He could not even answer the question. He could no longer think. Fear consumes him. “Hmm... Maybe you never heard of them. Well, couldn’t blame your short-circuited brain! Hahahahaha! I am also known as Mother of Fear and my sister is Mother of Plague though only a few known us by this name. Others are so perplexed with the legend, the made-up bedtime horror stories that are untrue... Anyway, shall the Mother of Fear begin her torture?” She ended the question with a horrific laughter. And the chief’s head is now being exploited by Lily’s manipulation of fear...

~~~

It ended. The torture. It ended with a shot to the head.

“Hmm... I thought that it would take longer, dear sister.” Ella said, insinuating the dead.

“I thought so too.. Too bad.. Maybe I should have gone a bit easy on him. He couldn’t take torture well. Owh.. how boring...” Lily said, raising both of her arms to the air with her face up and her eyes closed. “Boredom consumes me...”

“Let’s go.” Ella said, taking a cell-phone from the chief’s desk and heading to the narrow hallway accompanied by doors of cells to its’ left and right.

“What to do with that?” Lilly asked as she followed her sister.

“Choice.” Ella said, confusing Lily with her choice of word. Ella can sense presence of life in the cells. They must also be some girls kidnapped by those wretched men.

“Owh.. You mean for them?” Lily began to understand Ella’s meaning when Ella stopped at the front of a cell’s door. They can hear whimpers of frightened soul in the room. “Why bother? We should just let them rot in here.”

Ella throws the cell-phone into the room. “That’s their choice.” She said and started to walk away, followed by the clingy Lily. “If they can’t use it, then they’ll rot for sure.” Ella said without any signs of care.

“Ah.. You’re too kind, Ella.” Lily said and they both walk out of the place like ghosts disappear in the night air.