CHAPTER 22 - Meet the Psychic [By Jenn]

Edward closes his eyes while lying in his bathtub. This is one of those moments when he shuts his ability to just stay in peace. He cannot keep up with the things he can hear and the thing he can see. It is just so much better to have peace all by himself right where he is now. However, his peace was interrupted by the ringing on his front door. He quickly tear open the blockage he created around his mind. Then, he could hear two boys. They know so many things. He senses a very strong power but not harmful and one of them was able to track him through some kind of vision. Edward get dress and hurries for the door. He doesn’t want anyone to find out who he really is. He needs to talk to these kids now and make sure they’ll leave him for good. They’d better not having anyone tailing them here. Damn kids! He thought as he reaches his front door.

Then, he throws open the front door revealing the sight of two young boys. One of them has beady brown eyes and a thick, wavy, black hair. The other one has crystal blue eyes and his blonde hair is worn in a style that reminds Edward of a tangled bush. “May I help you?” Edward asks. “It’s him!” Edward heard the blonde kid whispers to the black-haired kid. The black-haired kid clears his throat and begins to speak, “Hi! I’m Lyle and this is my friend, Ted. I know it’s late but… we kinda need your help.”

Edward sighed and then gestured for them to step into his house. Then, Lyle and Ted walk in and follow Edward to his living room. Edward takes a seat on his couch and motions for the boys to sit on the couch facing him. “I know why you’re here.” Edward says. Lyle and Ted eye him curiously. So, Edward continues, “Oh my! You have so many questions in your head. But, what do you want to know most? I don’t have all day, you know.”

“How about some history lesson?” Ted asks. Edward nods slowly then says, “I’m not so sure but we surely dated since a very long time ago. I know some of us that had lived longer than I am. But I have heard some stories…”

There are some kind of glows in Ted and Lyle’s eyes as they listen carefully to Edward’s stories. “Once, I had a mentor. His name was Gabriel. Everything I’m telling you now were from his word of mouth and I’m not sure of the truth. He told me that the eldest of our kind are the fathers and mothers. There were four and I never met any of them. There were Father of Disaster, Father of Death, Mother of Plague and Mother of Fear. My mentor happens to know the Father of Death, better known as Maximus. But I never met him, though.”

“Well, what are we called?” Lyle asked.

“Gabriel kept a book. Some kind of journal. He wrote everything he knew about our kind. He gained most story from Maximus. He wrote in his book that there was also the stronger group of our kind known as the Knight of Destruction. There were seven of them. The knights of the seven sins. Finally, he wrote about all the others including me and possibly, you. We were known as the Children of Destruction. But I’m not so sure about you both. I don’t see in your past that you came from the blood sacrifice.”

“We don’t.” Lyle said. “Apparently, one of that thing named Carldrij reincarnated through me. At least, that’s what that girl told me.”

“Yeah. She said Carldrij was supposed to take over once Lyle turned 18 but his plan didn’t work.” Ted adds.

Edward closed his eyes and motions for Lyle and Ted to stop talking. He flashes back through Lyle’s past and sees the most magnificent discovery yet. After a while, Edward opens his eyes in disbelief. “Oh my! This Carldrij you’re talking about. He is the Father of Disaster. I saw everything through his lifetime. Those girls, the twin, they are the Mothers. Carldrij was the first of our kind. All these while, I never knew if the stories were real. Now, it’s clear to me.”

Then, Edward turns to look at Ted. He asks. “Ted, have you ever heard of the Angel Bloodline?”

“No.” Ted replies. “I knew someone like you once. Your blood is powerful. You can create them. You can eliminate them. Some of your kind are said to be the direct descendent of those created them. But some are said to be the direct descendent of Sophia.”

“Who is Sophia?” Lyle asks.

“Well, it was said that, out of the chaos, when the fathers and mothers were created, an angel came to Earth and blessed Sophia with the power of pure angel blood.” Edward says.

“Is this true?” Ted asks.

“But what do we do? How do we defeat them?” Lyle asks.

There’s a moment of silent in the room then Edward says, “You need to see a hunter.”