CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

When Taehyung also has time, he leaves for Seoul on Lisa's checkup day. Like that Monday at noon. After the office meeting, he immediately travels to her office to accompany her to the clinic.

She smiled as she sat in the front seat of his car.

"Hey, why? What's funny?" he asked as he crossed the road to the clinic.

"I'm laughing at Jennie." she says. "That's my friend in KPI."

"Why?"

"When she saw you earlier in the waiting area in the office, did the witch stop me and say I was too secretive. My boyfriend is said to be handsome but I didn't even mention you to him. " 

"She thought I was your boyfriend?"

"Yes."

"Hmm ... she was wrong in what she thought. But she was right in saying I was handsome."

"Good heavens!" she narrowed her eyes.

He laughed out loud.

When her checkup was over, he took her to the park so that he could breathe fresh air. They walked around there as she held his arm. His sweetness to her is remarkable.

Those gestures brought a strange joy to her heart. Silly, but she silently prayed that Taehyung and her would always be like that.

When they got in the car she leaned his head on the backrest of the seat.

"Lisa, are you okay? Are you in pain?" he asked worriedly, simultaneously caressing her cheek.

She smiled. "No, Taehyung. I'm just tired of walking. My leg just hurt a little bit."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

Then his face relaxed. "Do you want something? Are you hungry already? Do you want to eat?"

"It's like I want to eat mango sticky rice. "

"Your wish is my command."

It was seven o'clock in the evening when he took her to her apartment. "Always be careful, huh? And don't move too much there. I will wash your clothes on Saturday. Just like what I want, don’t get tired. Take care of our baby. " he ordered before saying goodbye. 

"Yes, boss."

He hugged her, then planted a kiss on both cheeks. "Goodnight."

"Goodnight."

When he left, her demeanor was still lively.

She watched TV first. It was about ten o'clock in the evening when she felt drowsy. She entered the room and lay down on the bed.

She fell asleep. But around midnight she felt a slight pain in her womb. She felt it but it didn’t stop. She was already worried.

Lord, let my baby be safe.

Soon the pain gradually subsided. Only then did she take a deep breath and fall asleep again.

But she woke up again early in the morning because she felt pain in her womb again. By that time the pain was even more severe. She got up in tears, only to be surprised to find the viscous liquid between her thighs.

Confused she got off the bed and turned on the light. She almost fainted when she saw that the white bedsheet of her bed was stained with blood!

My baby!

"Oh, God, no! Don't take my baby from me." she said hysterically. "Please!"

Even writhing in pain, she was able to pick up her cell phone to call Taehyung.

She had no difficulty in contacting him. Just a few rings, the young man answered her call.

"Hello, Lisa? Why? What's wrong?"

"H-help me... I-I'm bleeding..."

"What? Why? What—"

"The pain, Taehyung!"

He forced her to calm down. “Look, I’m far from you, Lisa. It will take me a few hours before I get there. Now listen to me, get out and take a taxi and deliver to the hospital. I'll just go straight there. You don’t have to wait for me because we might be late and we won’t be able to save the baby. Now please follow me, sweetheart. Do you understand?"

"Y-yes, Taehyung..."

"Good girl. Now just relax, you can do it. I will be with you very soon..." but he also had in his voice the great concern.

After talking to Taehyung, Lisa grabbed her shoulder bag and forced her out of her apartment.