CHAPTER FORTY-FIVE

"What came to your mind when you suddenly told to aunt and uncle?" Lisa asked Taehyung.

"I just made everything easier for the two of us, Lisa," he replied.

"How easy is it? You depend on the two elders. They will expect that we will both get married."

"I didn't make them expect. Because we're really going to get married."

Her chest throbbed. Was he proposing?

"We need to get married when you're pregnant, Lisa."

"You don't have to marry me, Taehyung. I just want to have child—"

"I know you only want children, Lisa," he cut short what he still wanted to say.

Her forehead furrowed because the tone of his voice seemed to hurt.

"But I won't let Daddy and Auntie be disappointed to me. What will they think of me when you get pregnant and I didn't marry you?" he continued.

Realization dawned on her. Taehyung only protects himself so he told the couple that they have a relationship. He has already anticipated that the mediation between them in Thailand will bear fruit. So he planned what they would do next.

Like the dinner he prepared on their last night at the resort, he had it all planned. And he made sure that his plan was well-executed.

She felt a bitter taste in her mouth. She is disappointed in the hope that Taehyung will fall in love with her. For him, she was just an obligation and nothing more. He helps her because she is a burden of conscience to him.

She heard him sigh.

“Don’t be mad at me anymore, Lisa. I just did the right thing for you," he console to her.

She smiled wryly. She felt guilty. Why would she be upset with Taehyung when he is willing to sacrifice his own happiness for her?

He is ready to marry her even if he doesn't love her. She should be thankful that he cared so much for her.

She remembered Roseanne. The woman's name was the last she heard from Taehyung so it was probably Taehyung's relationship before he got tied up at her.

"Everything will be okay, Lisa. So don't think too much."

"It's embarrassing for you, Taehyung..."

He hugged her tightly. "Do not think about it. Just like I'm like others to you," he was still joking.

But she was not relieved by his joke. Her chest was even heavier because it was obvious that he made her happy.