CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR

What Lisa was carrying did not survive. According to the doctor who looked at her, the child's fit was very weak.

She just cried and cried. Taehyung also suppressed his emotions so as not to cry during those moments. He could do nothing but hug her tightly and rub her back.

"Why is that? Why did my son leave me again?" 

"Sshh ... that's enough, Lisa.  Crying will make you worse. You may still be tense. There is nothing we can do about it. Let's just assume he's not for us, okay? Now, try to sleep and get some rest. Don't worry, I will be here for you. I won't leave you."

She hugged him even tighter.

She was confined to the hospital for almost two days. When she was discharged, Taehyung still hadn’t left her. He still accompanied her to the apartment.

“Aunt and daddy are asking, Lisa. What am I doing here in Seoul. They thought I had a girlfriend here. I just stopped talking." He said that afternoon as he watched her in her room. She was lying on the bed and he was sitting on the side of it. “They’re also wondering why your phone is off. I said, your cellphone is broken. You're okay here and I always visit you. " 

"It's a good thing we didn't tell them right away about my pregnancy." She just said softly.

"Yes." He sighed. “I already talked to Jin Hyung this morning. I asked him if you can have a vacation for at least two weeks. You don't go back to work first because you need a long break. He agreed.You won't be in the office for two weeks."

She did not speak, instead she just turned her gaze to the open window.

Then Taehyung's cellphone rang. He got up from his seat and moved slightly away from the bed, but she could hear what he said when he answered the call. "Hello, Roseanne?"

She frowned when she heard the woman's name.

"Yes, I'm doing great. How about you? Oh, that's good to hear... Yes, I know... sorry because I'm so busy lately... Sure, I'd love to see you again. Okay, I'll call you as soon as I can, okay? Take care, Roseanne."

She couldn’t explain the weight that seemed to suddenly hit her chest as Taehyung was talking to that Roseanne.

“Hey, kid. Are you okay?" The young man whispered to her as he sat down on the side of the bed again.

It was a long time before she responded. "Leave me alone, Taehyung. I'm okay."

"I can't." He protested. "You need me here. I can't leave you."

Only then did she face him. "Please, I want to be alone." She says.

"But, Lisa—"

"Please, I just really want to be alone." 

He sighed first before nodding. "Okay, I'll leave you first. There's food in the fridge. If you are hungry, you just heat the chicken in the oven. I will go home to Daegu first. I'll be back tomorrow at noon."

She nodded.

Taehyung's mood seemed heavy when he left.

When she was alone she cried again. My baby ... my baby left me again!

Why so? Doesn't God want her to be happy? Why does He always rob her happiness?

And it seems that Taehyung is about to disappear from her life as well.