CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN

"Auntie, isn't Lisa calling you yet? "Taehyung asked. He found his stepmother having coffee on the terrace.

"Not yet." she replied. “She just called me the same day she was leaving for Thailand. I said she called me as soon as she landed there, but she didn't. She was there for one week today but she didn't do it. I'm worried about her too. Taehyung, do you know Lisa's problem? Why when I talk to her does her energy seem so strained? She seems to have a serious problem. "

He could not move. I'm sorry, aunt. But this is not the right time for me to tell you everything.

"You always visit her in Seoul, so maybe you know something?" she asked again.

He sat down in the chair opposite to her. “Lisa’s job is okay. She never mentioned any problems when we met. Let's just wait for her to come home. Her vacation is only until Wednesday next week. So, by Thursday she will report to work. "

But what he expected did not happen. Wednesday of that day, he still couldn’t contact Lisa’s cellphone. He decided to leave Seoul and leave work first.

Lisa's apartment is still closed. It was still locked and he could feel the silence inside. He returned to Daegu in a hurry. He just prayed that Lisa's flight home to Seoul would be at midnight.

But her cellphone was still unattended the next day. And when he called Jin to ask if the woman had already reported for work, he said Lisa hadn’t shown up at the office yet.