1

It was late afternoon in meeple city. Traffic had slowed to a dull stop in most streets, people on the sidewalks, blue skies, clouds and birds in the sky.

And a very bright, menacing object standing on top of a tall, glass rooftop. She stood, her cape flowing in the nice spring breeze and her grin huge as she looked down to a lower rooftop, in which a taller object stood, taking up a fighting pose.

"Whatever you're up to this time, Lightbulb, I'm here to put a stop to it!" And with that, the taller objects hand lit on fire, them holding a constant flame now, ready to attack if necessary. Lightbulb cackled at this.

"Oh and you're going to shoot flames at me to stop this? You're no match for me!" She spoke with pride, and a hint of playfulness, as if this were all just a game to her. The taller object just frowned.

"Whatever you and your gang are taking, you're going to put it back before I. Put it back for you. Got it?" They retorted now, growing frustrated with her. Paintbrush had been dealing with Lightbulb and her gang trying to pull off various heists of seemingly such random and insignificant things, but Paintbrush figured none of it could be good, considering Lightbulb was a villain. She had to be planning something terrible.

"Ohh, and what if I don't?" Lightbulb smirked, holding her hands on her hips. Paintbrush noticed that seemed to be a common pose for her to take.

"Well, I'm going to come up there and fight you! That's what!"

Lightbulb laughed again.

"Maybe next time! This time, with me distracting you, well, we've got everything we needed! My gang is already on route back to base!" Her smirk turned to a huge, prideful grin.

Paintbrush facepalmed. Of course. This had not normally been a problem for them, they were hard to distract, but there was something about lightbulb and the way she talked that was just so easily distracting. Or it was just nice to talk to her-- well... no. She was a villain. It can't be nice to talk to her.

"Well then! Lovely seeing you paintbrush! You're always a pleasure! Not much of a threat to me, but maybe someday! It's funny really, I didn't even have to use my powers this time!" Lightbulb boasted, before twirling, and seeming to vanish, most likely having used her super speed. Paintbrush wondered how far she might've gotten... until that wasn't their immediate priority.

Shit.

They had just stood there, letting her get away with a heist. They looked down to the ground and sidewalks below the buildings they had both stood atop before noticing the camera man. Damnit. That guy had been following them around lately, always with his phone in their face. They could only hope his phone couldn't pick up their, and lightbulbs conversation. If the world didn't know, that'd be more than fine.

They sighed, taking in their conflict-less defeat, before realizing they'd definitely be getting an earful from their sidekick-- no. Testy would kill them if she ever heard them call her a sidekick. Work partner? That's better.

So they sighed, activating their hoverboard, before heading back to their base. They didn't find any trace of lightbulb on their way back.

~

Lightbulb hated using her super speed. Being naturally clumsy, and it not always working or just plain backfiring sometimes just did not make it a good power for her to use. This was an exception, though. Today she felt like being fast. She felt like being cocky to her nemesis, and getting out of there before they could even do anything. She had a lot to prepare for today anyways. Today was the day, once things were set up, was when Lightbulb planned to pull her nemesis closer for a date-- NO! Trap. yes. That's better. Nothing romantic in the slightest. She stopped by her base to make sure her gang was setting up properly with the things they had stolen, and went back out to find her nemesis again. She hoped it'd be easy to find them before they made their way back to their own base.