60

The night prior.

"Where... are we?" Taco blinked a few times, taking in the new surroundings.

Mic stepped back, taking a second to realize MePad had teleported the three.

"I teleported us away to avoid conflict."

"We're back on the outskirts of town. Thanks, I guess..." Mic sighed, still feeling incredibly guilty over accidentally just causing more conflict and pain.

MePad picked up on her plummeting mood, and gained a worried look.

"You... Didn't know. None of us did, it really isn't your fault, Microphone," MePad tried to reassure her, but she wasn't having it.

"I... Wish I could believe that, but if we had just done nothing, everything would be fine. But no, stupid Microphone going and getting involved, just trying to help, and someone gets hurt." Microphone stepped away from the other two, closer to the wooded area than the city.

"That's not a good way to think." Taco stepped over to her partner, taking her hand in her own as Microphone looked to her.

"MePad is right. You didn't know. There's no use blaming yourself for this."

"Easy for you to say." Microphone snapped back, quickly putting a hand over her mouth as Taco's expression turned to shock.

"I'm--"

"No. I understand." Taco cut her off, just a bit of bitterness in her tone.

"I... Need to get back to MePhone... Please stay safe and well you two." MePad sighed, and teleported away, leaving the two to deal with their problems, while they had to go deal with their own.

"Lets just... Go home. I'll follow you." Taco sighed, waiting for Microphone to lead. She hesitated a bit before finally getting a start, Taco followed behind without hesitation, despite still clearly thinking about what Mic had said to her.

--

It was quiet when the both of them made it down, truly it had been a while since either of them had been there, Microphone only being there briefly with... Knife... to retrieve the recovery center.

Which brought her back to the topic of Knife. She brought out her phone, immediately residing in her room for the night as the lights flickered on as she entered, the posters and small items around the room still bringing it some sort of personality.

No new texts. She sighed. She had asked Pickle to keep her updated, but she figured either nothing was happening, or it was just too late, but she'd just have to check again in the morning.

For now though, she had to make it up to Taco. So she dropped her phone down on the bed, and left the room to see Taco just... standing in the main room, looking around.

"Is... Is your memory hazy on this place too..?" Microphone frowned, leaning in the doorway.

"Some of it is, mostly this room, I suppose, but... I really feel like there was something here before," Taco walked over to where the machine had first been assembled.

"That's where the machine was."

"Oh... The... machine... right..." Taco strained to remember, only really realizing about half of it.

"Taco..?"

"Mh?"

"I'm sorry. I really am. I didn't mean it."

"I guess we say things we don't mean all the time, don't we."

"Taco."

She remained silent, walking over to the couches.