45

IMPLIED CHARACTER DEATH, MAJOR INJURY, GENERAL VIOLENCE. //  

Microphone stepped away after a moment, carefully laying Taco down on the floor. She turned her head a bit as Knife put a hand on her shoulder, having walked up.

"Are you going to be okay?"

"I'll be fine. She's... Still breathing, but... I'm... worried that she's..."

"That she might not be once we get back to her?" Knife said bluntly. As much as he knew this was probably not a good time for her, but they didn't HAVE time.

"Yeah." She sighed out.

"I'll stay by her side, and alert you if she... passes. How about that? I won't be very useful in a combat situation, anyways," MePad finally spoke up, stepping forward and closer to the group.

"Alright... That works," Mic said, halfheartedly stepping away to the direction of the elevator. Knife followed immediately, while MePhone hesitated for a moment;

"I'm sorry for being such a jerk. Y'know, if I end up dying or something." MePhone crossed its arm, looking over to MePad. It kept up a jagged exterior as it spoke, but MePad knew it was being genuine. They only made a nodding motion in response, showing that they understood, as MePhone joined the other two by the elevator...

This time, the elevator didn't seem to shut suddenly for any of them, just taking them up normally, as a regular elevator, making it seem like that first time was just a one-time trap. Once up the elevator, the three carefully stepped out, Microphone taking the lead as she was the only one with working powers, the second the floor narrowed into the hallway between the two opposing rooms, she stepped on a trap tile... That had already seemed to have been activated. No trap sprung out of the first tile this time.

"Uh..."

"Is it... supposed to do something?" Knife asked, stepping up behind her and looking over her shoulder, watching the floor tile return to normal after she stepped away.

"Maybe it uh... already did something?" Microphone shrugged, and stepped on it again. Still nothing? MePhone stepped to the side of the two, peeking into the room on the right of all of them, this room being the room that it didn't recognize, but Fan and MePad would have, as this is where they spent that night. Seeing nothing of note, MePhone still held the metal pole close as it walked over to the other door-- That room being... uncomfortably familiar as it had been the room it had been stuck in for what felt like weeks. MePhone felt itself shutter a bit at the sight, though... seemed to take notice that some of the items it had generated earlier seemed to have been moved. It would've assumed it was just the other two who had come up earlier while Taco was still being dealt with, but... Something felt wrong. And it just so happened to make the mistake of stepping into the room, the door suddenly slamming shut behind him with no warning.

"MePhone!" It barely heard Knife shout out its name as the panic immediately set in. It gasped for air, trying to quickly control its breathing, but that wasn't helping much as it just backed up against the door, sliding down against it, and dropping the metal pole.

"It looks like you're back where you belong." A sickeningly familiar voice spoke as a figure emerged from the shadowed corner that had thoroughly kept him hidden in the moment MePhone had just lightly scanned the room, Cobs now revealing himself. MePhone could barely process the loud banging on the other side of the door as Microphone and Knife both tried desperately to get the door open from the other side, but with it being card activated, and with no handle, that seemed to not be going well.

"I was going to wait until our visitors arrived and were taken care of to get rid of you-- to let you see the great I'm going to do for this world, but time and time again, you've proved to be such a... problem." Cobs voice was lacking any other emotion other than disappointment, this only making MePhone even more uncomfortable, as Cobs kept stepping closer. MePhone couldn't move. Surely it could if it tried, but it felt completely paralyzed in the moment. Looking at him closer, MePhone finally noticed the large, imposing weapon Cobs held in his hands. Cobs took notice of this, and spoke again, knowing it was just going to be him talking during this conversation;