28

6:00 in the morning.

"Ugh, did you really have to call us here this early in the morning?" Paintbrush yawned, still fixing their hair as they walked through a hallway, followed by Fan, and Lightbulb, in front of them Testtube, leading them all.

"Well yes, actually. Once we're in the training room, I'll explain." She led them all down a long corridor, leading deeper into her lab. After five minutes of walking, and various complaints from those who followed behind, they reached a door, and Testtube ushered them all in, stepping in behind them all as the door shut behind them.

"Um... So what is this..." Paintbrush looked around in the dark room, awkwardly.

"It's too dark..." Fan complained, a hint of tiredness slinking through his voice.

"Well," Testtube paused, flicking a light switch. "Due to recent events--" She'd make eye contact with Paintbrush- "I think it's time you guys learn how to actually fight." She glanced away, having the three move over to some test dummies she had set up an hour prior.

"And before any of you, other than fan--" she'd say that last part under her breath- "tell me that you already know how to fight, well, said recent events proved to me otherwise."

Lightbulb finally spoke; "Well I haven't actually been given a chance to show off my super cool combat abilities yet,"

"Well yeah, because you shatter like every day," Fan looked over at her, using a playful tone.

"Well, FYI Paper-"

"It's Fan." He cut her off.

"Yeah, Fan, whatever, I haven't shattered in a total of... uh..." She counted her fingers. "At least a week or two!"

"And that's because you'll just be dead if you do." Paintbrush frowned.

"Okay enough talking, let's just get on with the lesson!" Testtube blurted out, losing patience with them all.

Lightbulb snapped her attention back to Testtube as she spoke, the other two doing the same, after exchanging glances.

"Ahem... anyways, most of you might be able to fight, at least in a basic sense, but sometimes, things can get complicated. Other people can have weapons, and sometimes, powers can be dangerous in certain environments-" She once again made eye contact with Paintbrush again, them returning a frustrated look at this happening twice. "And you'll only have your strength and being to protect yourself... And only so much time to react."

Silence.

"So..." Testtube sighed.

"Just... okay. Each one of you, throw a punch at the test dummy." One by one, they all would throw a punch. She examined each and every one of the punches thrown, now bringing out a clipboard to write stuff down.

Paintbrush punched first, a nice, firm right hook into the dummies face.

Lightbulb punched next, a softer, lighter punch to the side of the dummy, as if she were shielding her full potential. Testtube was about to comment on this, but decided not to, as it was now Fan's turn.

Fan was last, with his power, she didn't know what to expect, but by the time she wrote his name down on the paper, there was a thud, the dummy being on the ground, and Fan looking at it-- then to the others, in shock, who both returned the same expression.

Testtube thought for a moment, before finally speaking.

"Try to control your strength. You need to punch without using your power..." Testtube said, sheepishly looking at the damage he had already caused to the dummy... But that was fine! Completely... fine. She propped it back up to its stand, and stepped back.