15

// hopsital room in drawing

PERSONAL TEST 1. LOG ..?

He isn't waking up. I'm scared what's going to happen if he doesn't. I don't care about the project anymore.

I just want him back. This feels like my fault. If I hadn't left his side... If I hadn't let my guard down... If I hadn't brought him into that stupid building in the first place, none of this would have happened.

Paintbrush was found yesterday in the rubble. They haven't woken yet up either. No one else was found. No sign of that Taco, or Lightbulb. 

On other notes, Waiting gave me time to run tests on the blood sample I took. My theory was correct.

...

I just hope it's enough to keep him alive.

LOG END.

Testtube barely finished writing before having to set her pen down for a break. Sitting by Fan's hospital bed was... scary. Waiting for him to either wake up or... not... was terrifying. Sure, modern medicine was amazing, they had stitched up the injury with some really nice looking fabric, but was that really enough for him to just be fine? She frowned, thinking of all the things that could go wrong. All the things that DID go wrong. It had been three days since the building had collapsed. Fan was still asleep, and Paintbrush had only just been found the day after, under the rubble. Paintbrush. Right. If they had just learned to control their temper, maybe that wouldn't have happened. She had barely made it out alive and unharmed, but there were her two friends here. Injured, and possibly never waking up. She couldn't help but be furious at Paintbrush. She was sure that if SHE were the one with fire powers, she'd be literally on fire in that moment, and the following moment, in which Paintbrush walked into the room, their arm in a sling, and another small chip on their face. Testtube looked them up and down, not saying a word. Really, they looked pathetic.

"Testtube I'm--"

"Save it, Paintbrush. I appreciate you getting me out unharmed, but you almost got all of us killed. You almost got HIM. killed." She gestured to Fan.

"I--" They stopped themselves, not knowing what to say. They looked so guilty.

"I messed up. Big time. I don't expect you to forgive me." Paintbrush finally spoke, their tone saddened.

"Just... learn to be more careful." Testtube kept her gaze away from Paintbrush now, focusing on Fan.

"You can leave. I'm staying by his side until he wakes up." Testtube said, knowing they would get the hint that she didn't want them there. Yes, Testtube realized this was mostly her fault, but... Paintbrush making things worse by setting the building on fire... It just wasn't a smart move.

"I... I'm going to look for Lightbulb." They said, before turning. It really looked like they wanted to say more, but really... what else was there. Things were dire right now, and nothing was going to just immediately fix everything. That was just reality. So Paintbrush finally stepped out, not saying another word.

~

...

Everything was dark and cold for the longest time... Before Fan finally mustered the strength to open his... eye. The first thing he felt as his senses returned was a splitting headache. He moved to put a hand on his head, but felt... nothing. He felt around more frantically now...

"Oh jeez what happened to my head!" He yelled out, finally finding where the wound began, feeling around it... A whole chunk of his head was gone now, but... He was still alive? Well... He hoped. Anything would be better than the alternative... What exactly had happened was still foggy to him, the last thing he remembered seeing was a bright beam of red light. After examining himself, he finally looked around, and noticed the area he was in now... It just looked like a long hallway... Light gray flooring, and darker gray for the walls. Looking at it, the hallway looked like it spanned on forever... But if there was an end, Fan was going to find it. He got up, and started walking.