3

It had been a moment before Paintbrush realized they had completely stopped moving, the only thing snapping them out of their thoughts and back to reality being another yell. They quickly shook their head, collecting their thoughts before running to where they heard the sound now. In the middle of the thick forest in the woods was a small clearing, two random objects, assumedly in Lightbulbs gang, and...

"FAN? I TOLD YOU NOT TO FOLLOW ME!" Paintbrush yelled out, their hair sparking with flame momentarily as everyone paused to look at them. The two that were standing over Fan quickly ran off now, not wanting to be caught. Fan just laid on the ground, looking miserable, his glasses on the ground beside him, cracked and broken.

"I- I got curious! I wanted to know what was going on!" Fan quickly sat up, wincing in pain as he did so.

"AND LOOK WHERE THAT GOT YOU! I WAS TALKING TO LIGHTBULB WHEN YOU INTERRUPTED THINGS! THEY SHATTERED AGAIN BECAUSE OF YOU." They knew Lightbulb was going to come back. They knew she was fine, but something just kept them from calming down. Something about this really pissed them off.

Fan, seeing the rage in their eyes, tensed up, and looked away now, looking incredibly guilty.

"I- I'm sorry..." He kept his gaze strictly to the ground now, too scared to attempt eye contact. Paintbrush noticed this, and took a moment to calm themselves down. They were in a forest. Setting on fire would not be a good idea. Not here.

"No- It's..." Paintbrush sighed. "It's fine. Lightbulb will be fine. I just overreacted. I shouldn't be yelling at a civilian like this anyways." Paintbrush rubbed their temple.

"So what happened. Did those guys beat you up or something?" They got straight to business. If her 'I don't want to hurt people' gang was hurting people well... that wouldn't be good at all, would it.

"I um- I followed you here and got jumped by those two! I didn't even do anything!" Fan yelled out, frustrated at having let his guard down.

"Look. you need to be more careful... no, actually you need to stop following heroes everywhere they go. You're going to get yourself killed."

"But-"

"NO. No buts. You need to give this up. If something like this happens and a hero isn't around to help? Well you're just going to die. Full stop. That's the end of uh.. what's your name-- Fan! For not listening to smart advice!" Paintbrush stepped forward, examining where Fan had been hurt, ready to take them to a hospital if needed.

"I just-" Fan couldn't even finish their sentence. Paintbrush glared at them, that being enough to shut him up. He now just sighed.

"I'll be more careful." He muttered, holding his arm. Sure everything hurt, and one of his favorite heroes just told him off, but he'd be fine! He was always fine! Nothing ever got to him. Fan was... strong. Right? Yeah. He couldn't cry, not now. Not in front of his hero.

"I'm going to go apprehend the two that jumped you. Are you okay to be on your way?" Paintbrush now stood, it was almost intimidating how tall they were to fan while he was sitting down. He'd only nod, and Paintbrush would nod back, and be on their way.

It was now, when Paintbrush was long gone, when Fan allowed himself to cry. Everything hurt.

But he'd be fine. He had to be fine.

~

Reaching the outskirts of the woods, Paintbrush searched for the two assailants, not wanting them to get away, but there was simply... no trace? They couldn't see or spot either of the two through the thick wooded area, and it was... eerily quiet.

Until it wasn't. A sneeze. Paintbrush swung around, looking in the direction of the sound, though no one was there..? No.. there was... something, two bows, one of them being very close to the ground while the other much higher. Paintbrush quickly reached out to grab the taller one, being successful and pulling it off of whatever it belonged to, sending them, and the other object who suddenly became visible backwards.