54

Paintbrush let out a groan as they sat up and opened their eyes, having to take several minutes to adjust to how bright it was in this large, seemingly empty room, the only thing really seeming to stick out being an intercom in one of the top corners. The first thing they noticed was that they were alone. Finally adjusting to the light, they got to their feet, quickly moving to feel around the room for a door. No clear entrance, so how the hell did they-- While examining the back wall, a door seemed to open, Paintbrush snapping their view over... Where did that door come from-- and more importantly, what the hell was that standing in the doorway? A much bigger egg, one that looked like the one Testtube was experimenting with, this one having an orange hue to it, as a few balls of light flew into the room, restraining Paintbrush quickly, and without a word as they struggled against it, with no success of escaping, as they were levitated by the light restraints out of the room. The hallway of this ship was normal, a purple hue to everything which Paintbrush would find cool if this were any other situation. But this was not the time to be impressed by captors.

"Let me go!" They still struggled against the restraints, trying to activate their powers now.

But their powers didn't seem to work, their bristles only smoking as the flame failed to surface. The egg that seemed to be transporting them made no response, only just visibly growing more unhappy with all the yelling from Paintbrush.

The next thing they knew, they were in a main room, a lot more eggs in this room of varying size, shape, and color. In the middle, an egg larger than the rest clad in purple, a light spear in one hand, and nothing in its other.

The entire room was silent, before the purple egg, or Paintbrush could only assume the purple egg was the one talking as it didn't have a mouth, but--

"You have been in contact with our youth. Where is it." The voice boomed, Paintbrush flinching at the noise before coming up with a response;

"I'm not telling you anything until you let me see that Lightbulb's okay." Paintbrush glared, their brows furrowing in aggression. If these assholes were going to disrupt their date and ruin them comforting their partner, they refused to be civil.

The lights that seemed to act as the eggs' eyes also seemed to narrow at this, clearly not pleased with their response.

"You do not get to make demands. You tell us where our youth is, and you will leave unharmed." Though it was hard to tell, the posture of the large egg seemed to tense up in anger, Paintbrush trying to appear angrier too to contest it, their bristles still smoking.

"Stubborn. We'll ask someone else then. If none of you give us a proper answer, there WILL be dire consequences. We know our youth is somewhere here on this planet, and we will not be leaving without it." The egg gave a look that it would be sneering if it could, waving one of its lights as a signal of dismissal, as Paintbrush was taken back into the hallway, and roughly thrown into the holding room again.

But they weren't alone anymore.

"AAH!" Fan yelled out, as Paintbrush was shoved into him as they were thrown into the room, the chain of light restricting them returning to its form of just a regular ball of light before flowing out of the room. Fan, using much more force than intended, shoved Paintbrush away, and into the wall, sending them away with an "Ouff-" as they hit the wall, putting a hand to rub their head and re-collect their senses.

"What the hell-- Fan?" Their voice grew in panic a bit as they got to their feet, Fan just looking at them with a bit of regret having shoved them.

"How did you even get here??" Paintbrush's tone was unintentionally aggressive, their anger having no outlet, so Fan would just have to unfortunately endure it in the moment.