48

Back at the outskirts of the city stood the three, ready to fight if necessary, though as they returned, there seemed to be a noticeable lack of Cobs being anywhere in sight.

"He's not going to make this easy. Just be ready if he's... Hiding in a bush again or whatever... Don't let him lure you into a trap or something, either..." MePhone spoke, his anxiety and fear shifting into something more angry, and frustrated that it couldn't just be left alone.

"Well we have to find him. We can't just leave him free after everything he's done. I'm not letting him get away with what he did to Knife, or Taco." Mic balled her fists, carefully stepping around the area, peering into the thick wooded area.

MePad kept their distance, ready to teleport either of them away to a safer spot in case Cobs did decide to strike, but after ten careful minutes of searching the area, there was just... No sight of him.

"This... Isn't getting anywhere. He's obviously not here anymore, are you sure you saw him?" Microphone turned to face MePhone, who was shuffling through a bush.

"I know what I saw. I'm sure MePad saw him too." MePhone grumbled, stepping away from the bush.

"I did indeed see him. Though this all could be one final trick from him, it is unlikely both me and MePhone are seeing things." MePad took up a worried look, now taking a moment to scan the area, to come up with nothing.

"He's definitely moved... We have to find him. Microphone is right, and we can't just let him get away."

"Do you guys have any uh... Tracking skills?" Microphone shrugged, not really sure what else to suggest.

"Oh yeah, right, let me just enable my 'track my creator' app." MePhone deadpanned as it rolled its eyes and turned away from her.

"Well jeez sorry..." Microphone frowned, crossing her arms as she returned to the sidewalk, and out of the grass.

"There's no telling where he went." MePad paused for a moment. "Perhaps we have to wait for him to find us."

"What, and get the jump on me again? I'd rather not." MePhone balled its fist, annoyed at the suggestion.

"He'd be getting the drop on all of us. Not just you," MePad clarified. Sure they understood why MePhone was being so snarky, but that didn't stop them from getting annoyed at it.

"Right. Yeah." MePhone clutched his hand to its side, its nerves clearly getting the better of it.

"Just... take a moment to calm down, maybe. It won't be good if he--" MePad was cut off by a metal claw smashing into their screen, sending it stumbling backwards to the ground, with a sickening crack.

"MEPAD!" MePhone yelled out, not having time to process, as the claw then grabbed their leg, and dragged them into the forest.

"SHIT! NO!" It didn't even think about it, just immediately running after, Mic following as well, as the two of them chased after the now unconscious MePad, until they all reached a clearing, the source of the claw becoming clear now. Another MePhoneX model. MePhone4 was getting rather sick of these things. Wasting no time, it generated a mallet. That had always seemed to work better than a gun on these things anyways, so MePhone would just have to make do, as the X stepped forward, standing in front of MePad who lay motionless on the ground, as Cobs stepped out of the shadows of the trees behind it all, and over to MePad.

"You're foolish to think something like what you pulled would keep me down so easily." He spoke, his voice sounding... a lot more aggravated than anything MePhone had heard from him. This was all so unnerving. It hated this. MePad gripped the mallet tighter in its hand, as Microphone took up a fighting stance as well.