9

In the tallest building in the city, on the top floor, sat a man at a desk in a large, imposing and majorly empty room. At this desk, he had a laptop open, reviewing the footage of a recently destroyed meeple product that had just been sent to him. The troublesome rebel was back at it again... with some new random object. He had to eliminate them before anything he was doing became public. If anything from this, or his past ever came to light, well that wouldn't be good for business, now would it. So he made a phone call.

"Yes. I have a target for you... well, two targets. I need you to eliminate one of them, and bring the other back to me. You will be paid greatly for this..."

The voice on the other end was quiet, seemingly just waiting for him to continue.

"Alright. Make sure you do this correctly. We can't afford any mess-ups this close to the plan being set in motion." And he hung up now. Bounty hunters were incredibly convenient when you had this much money. It was wonderful, really, just being able to eliminate any competition at the snap of his fingers? The rush of power he felt every time the targets he set were taken out? Just wonderful. But soon, if everything worked out for him, he wouldn't have to hire help. He would be able to do it himself.

That's what he was excited for, more than anything else, really. All of this was just so... thrilling. Being a tech giant wasn't so much fun anymore. He needed something new. And this would be perfect, especially after waiting all these years to finally set it in motion.

Speaking of these plans, he would have to give the two he had hired to get the power source... he needed to have a chat with them.

--

Taco finally finished up writing and revising the plan. It was good, dare she call it perfect... But no, she can't brag. She can't call it perfect, because knowing how the world works, of course it would go wrong if she were too confident in it. She was just about to get up and show the plans to her partner, before the phone at her desk rang. She quickly made sure it was a recognized number, then answered.

"Hello, sir." She spoke with a confident voice.

"Hello. How are the plans going? Is the machine fully installed?"

"Yes sir. I've written up a plan, and once I show it to my partner, we will be going after the target... Our scouting mission didn't yield any physical results unfortunately, but we will be getting her with this one."

"Hm. Nobody saw you though, right?"

"We were secluded in the woods. Even if we were spotted, there is no link between us, and you. Your secret is still safe, sir."

"Hm. Okay... Please do try to get this over with soon. I know I have all the time in the world... But I feel like you and your partner do not." His voice seemed to become a bit more serious... Was that a threat? But she dared not to talk back... as much as she wanted to.

"Okay... sir." Taco said through gritted teeth. And he hung up. Well that didn't go well. She was sure he would've been impressed, but he didn't know anything about what happened... So, no impressing anybody today. That's fine. Tomorrow will be another day.

--

After writing up the plan, and fixing her damaged mechanical arm, Taco finally made it out of her office to visit her partner, Microphone... who... was just mindlessly staring at the tv. Holding the plan notebook in one hand, she waved her hand in front of Microphone, wanting her attention. When that didn't work, she just sat down next to her, and cleared her throat.

"Oh- Oh sorry! I was just thinking!" Microphone quickly said, a bit of awkwardness in her voice and stance. She looked at Taco now, listening.

"Read over this, the boss wants us to... hurry it up, so if you have any revisions... Let me know by sundown. Okay? We have to do this... not tomorrow, but the next day. Okay?" Microphone would just nod, taking the notebook, and getting right to it as Taco slid off the couch.