13

Today was the day of the Meeple product announcement, and Testtube thought it'd be fun to make a day out of it with Fan and Paintbrush, it had been a while outside of work that she really just got to hang out with people, and this was a perfect chance to do so. Fan was beyond thrilled, being a very huge meeple enjoyer. Right now, the small group was walking, reaching the outskirts of town from the base, Fan and Testtube talking, while Paintbrush walked behind, arms crossed, taking in everything around them. Someone had to keep their guard up... just in case, right? Well, just in the middle about a conversation about one of those silly Superhero shows, something caught Paintbrushes eye. They blinked a few times, making sure they were seeing right, before confirming their suspicions. They stopped walking completely for a moment.

A fast glint of a very familiar yellow, ducking into a really worn down looking building. Paintbrush threw caution to the wind, and ran after "I know I just saw something--" Was all they let out, running towards the building. Testtube paused, and thought for a moment before grabbing Fan's arm, and following.

"Looks like that event is going to have to wait!" Testtube said, still pulling along Fan. She figured, if she were right, perhaps using a possibly dangerous situation to draw out results could work-- and besides, this was possible hero business. That was important. Testtube ignored the thoughts that... maybe this WASN'T. A good idea. All three of them were in the building, trailing someone that Paintbrush thought they saw.

The inside of the building was a lot larger than Fan thought, having seen it from the outside, but it was kinda cool, a piece of forgotten history or something, he only wondered what this building could've been in the past... before he was abruptly pulled back into reality with a small squeeze, and they were still now, both him and Testtube, while Paintbrush wasn't anywhere in sight, they had run into... two... others? Standing on the opposite side of the room were a really old meeple phone, and... Knife? That reporter guy?

"Uh..." Knife spoke, still gripping the mallet tight in his hands.

"Um... You aren't who we're looking for, our hero friend um... saw a villain run in here, and we got separated." Testtube spoke, taking a careful step back, still holding Fan's arm, a bit tighter than before. She seemed on edge.

"Right..." Knife raised an eyebrow, while the MePhone worked on getting a window behind them open.

"You can just... use the stairs..." Fan piped up, awkwardly. The MePhone stopped, and sighed.

"And you could just leave." It turned to face them, with an annoyed expression, now crossing its arms.

"Right... Which I think we will..." Testtube tightened her grip, Fan wincing at this, as she pulled him out of the room.

"That reporter is not good news. I'm lucky he didn't recognize me." Testtube spoke through gritted teeth, keeping her voice low... What did that mean? Recognize her? That couldn't have been good... Testtube quickly pulled him up to the third floor? Wait, wasn't the plan to leave?

"Weren't we going to leave--"

"We need to find Paintbrush first."

"Oh-- Hey can you let me walk on my own now please your grip is really strong..." Fan whined.

"Oh yeah, right," Testtube stopped walking, letting go of Fan's arm. "Sorry."

--

"What, so after our talk yesterday you just went back and stole those fireworks? After telling me you hurt someone, what, your plan is to actually hurt more people?" Paintbrush raised their voice, annoyed.

"No- no! Listen, These were dropped off at my base yesterday, I dunno if it was any of my gang members or what, but it gave me an idea! A really cool idea that isn't going to have any chance of hurting anyone!" Lightbulb smiled, genuinely seeming excited.