Chapter 27: A Normal Day

In the Infinite Castle, not a sound could be heard. Normally, its residents would do some activities or have fun with each other, but right now, it was the status quo. Everyone was in their room, hiding.

It was because Sakura took some liberties and went to the human world without any notice. And it angered her boss, her leader. And when she's angry, you don't want to be around her. It's like when your parents are yelling at your sibling and you hide or do something productive like cleaning or reading in order to not be yelled at too.

But Miserain wasn't one to yell at people. Even though she was angry. No, angry was an understatement, she was furious, and she didn't yell.

Currently, she was sitting on a chair, her head resting on her palm as she looked down at Sakura, on her knees with her hands resting on them while she was looking down, avoiding eye contact.

They were like that for some time, until Miserain finally talk, with a voice as cold as ice. "So...May I know why you gave magic to someone from the human world when you know that it is controlled by someone who could end you by just thinking about it?"

Sakura bit her lower lip, trying to resist the pressure that the girl in front of her was producing. Struggling to let the words escape her throat, she finally spoke.

"I...I'm sorry."

"I didn't ask for an apology. Answer the question Sakura. Now."

The white hair girl felt herself shrink, she just wanted to hide in a hole, and never leave it. It was scary. She wasn't talking loud but her voice was heavy and she was feeling these yellow eyes piercing her soul.

"I-I was curious since you said that Alteria was as strong as you...so I wanted to see how he would react...for my experiences..."

"That's all?" Her voice suddenly became louder than before, so Sakura was taken back by it. 

"?!?!...Y-Yes."

Miserain sighed and got up from her seat and slowly walked toward the mage. Sakura was slightly shivering until she felt it on top of her head, before feeling it tracing down her ear then her cheek, before reaching her chin.

With her index and thumb, Miserain lifted the girl's chin to make her look at her, and it didn't miss. Sakura was trembling even more as she saw her looking down.

 Sakura was trembling even more as she saw her looking down

"Listen attentively because I won't repeat myself. In terms of strength, defense, speed, IQ, mana, and all other categories, in front of me, you are just an insect. And he is like me, so you're also an insect to him. Do you understand? If I didn't trigger forced teleportation, you would have been dead by now, or worse, he would have gotten information out of you, and I can't allow that. Never pull a stunt like that ever again. Pass the word, from now on until the final encounter, no one is allowed to leave this place."