4

To say that this day tired you out, was an understatement. After Jeremy put out the sign, people were rushing in. Thankfully, you didn't have to face it on your own. You had Dave with you, who actually helped a lot.

Finally, it was almost time to leave for the day. You and Dave were just cleaning up the mess from the last party. You turned to Dave after he finished putting the trash away. "Thanks for all your help today, Dave. I couldn't have done it-"

"Hey, guys! Get over here!" Dave glared at Jeremy as he interrupted you. You sighed and walked over to him, Dave following you.

"What's this."

You stared at Dave. You wonder if he was being serious, or if he was just angry at Jeremy. It's hard to tell with that man.

"What are you, 40? It's an arcade game. I got all the highest scores! I'm probably the greatest player at this game that I know!" Jeremy bragged. You swear you could see Dave get more irritated every time he opened his mouth.

"Let me try," Dave demanded. Jeremy stepped to the side of the machine, flicking the employee mode off. Of course, you knew that's what he did. So, when he moved out of the way, you took the spot beside the machine. Dave inserted his fifty cents to play, and you moved your leg to flip the switch back onto employee mode. Jeremy cheated, why can't Dave?

You watched Dave play, silently. You hoped he would at least get over 500. But even with the employee mode on, he only got 145. You concluded that he sucks at the game.

Dave stomped to your spot, pushing you gently out of the way. You and Jeremy watched as he kicked the machine, hard. You were prepared for it to fall over, but thankfully it didn't. Instead, it showed Dave's score as the max score you can reach. Even Dave was surprised to see the change.

"Wh- hey, no fair! (Y/N), he cheated!" Jeremy complained to you. You shook your head.

"Leave me out of this, Jeremy."

"Ya pick up these skills when ya actually do yer job," Dave said to Jeremy. Dave turned back to the game, and entered in a name for the high score. 

""WJA"? What's that?" You ask. Dave looks at you, nervously.

"Oh, uh- that's my nickname! Will... just advance!" You smiled.

"Did you come up with it yourself? It's really creative!" You asked. Dave stared at you, not knowing what to say. But, you could see a faint pink blush on his cheeks.

"Whatever. Can you at least give me your tickets? I'm saving them up."

"Nuh uh, I won these fair and square."

"Dave, just give him your tickets," you said, not wanting a fight to break out between the two tonight. You just wanted to get home.

"What do ya even need them for?" Dave asked.

"You don't know? Look!" Jeremy pointed at a red hat hanging on the prize wall. He's been trying to get that for as long as you remember.

"Yer an employee, why don't ya just ask for it?"

"Well, unlike someone here, I do things fairly. Now, just please give me your tickets or I'll have to ask if you "will just advance" out of here. I'm going to wipe the cabinet."

You chuckled at Jeremy's clever use of Dave's nickname. Dave ignored his request and pulled out his wallet. "No you aren't, I'm gonna play again."

"If you don't get out, I'm going to tell your secret to Mr. Guy."

You spun around and placed your forehead on the wall. Everything has to be a threat around these two. Because really, who cares if an employee is stealing disposable paper napkins? No one! No one cares!

"Alright, the gig's up. I'm not going to do what you say just because you know my secret. Keep pestering me, and you'll learn why it's a secret."

You and Jeremy stare at Dave, trying to understand why he is once again using a British accent, and why he is doing all of this because of napkins. You are starting to suspect there's some other secret, but it's clearly something Dave wants nobody to know.

"...What? Are you seriously threatening me over napkins?" Jeremy asked, confused.

"N-Napkins?"

"What did you think I was talking about? You steal company property, that's at least two dollars out of your paycheck."

Dave looks at Jeremy with a complete loss of words. The threatening demeanor fades away quickly. Dave then starts stomping away in the direction of the exit.

"Well, I think that was an accomplished day!" Jeremy exclaimed. You laughed, trying to get rid of the tension in the room. Jeremy looked back down at the arcade machine.

"Oh my god... This doofus just left his credit card sitting here!" Jeremy dropped the rest of Dave's wallet to the ground. You picked it up.

"Jeremy, no. Give it to me," you demanded. Jeremy groaned and gave you the card. You ignored everything in the wallet while putting the card back in. It's none of your business. "Have a good night, Jeremy."

You hurriedly walked out of the restaurant, hoping Dave was still in the area. Thankfully, you saw blonde hair walking out of the parking lot. "Dave!" You yelled out. Dave stopped and looked at you. You waved his wallet in the air. Dave walked closer to you.

"Thank ya, darlin'! Would've lost my mind lookin' for it."

You passed it to him. "You're lucky I stopped Jeremy from going crazy."

"Wait, Jeremy looked inside?" Dave asked. You nodded. "Did you?"

"No, I respect people's privacy. Why? Do you have something to hide?" You smirked. Dave smiled and shook his head.

"Nope. I'm sure I would've told ya if I did," Dave said. So, he really did trust you? You like that.

"Thank you, Dave." You make eye contact, before you both look away. You saw the sun going down, and knew you should get going. "Hey, uh, do you want a ride home?"

"I would love one, but..." Dave paused, thinking about what to say. "The friends I live with would annoy me about it. Ya see, they have a theory I'm datin' someone. I don't want them suspectin' anything."

"Uh, okay. I'm not even going to question it. Have a good night, Dave."

"You too, darlin'."

.............................................

I don't really like this chapter. It's shorter, but it seems longer because it's all one big thing. It's fine, but wish it was better. Thank you, and have a good day/night!