8

We finally arrived at the convention after a long while of walking. The sun's heat was wearing you out, and you still had a full day of activities planned. You weren't sure you would be able to be high-energy the entire day, but you can try.

The four of you walked towards the entrance of the convention and saw Chauncey. He glared at us. We all stared back, scared of interacting with him again. Let's just say, last night didn't give us a good image.

"Well, Philip, I'd say we're right fucked," Dave said turning to Mr. Guy. We continued to walk to the entrance.

"I'm glad to see you here. I wasn't sure you'd make it," Mr. Guy glared at him, but kept his cool. "We're getting ready to start the three-legged race. You need to find yourselves partners."

"C'mon darlin'," Dave wrapped his arm around your shoulders. You removed his arm.

"Sorry Dave, I'm going to go with Jeremy. I'm sure Mr. Guy can partner with you!" You told him. Dave looked slightly hurt but stomped off before you could say anything. You rolled your eyes and turned to Jeremy. "You wanna be partners?"

"Totally!" Jeremy exclaimed, excited to do this activity with you. You both entered the first activity, and grabbed a rope to tie your legs together. You sat down on the bench, patting beside you for Jeremy to sit down. "Do you think we're going to win?"

"We can certainly try!" You encouraged. Jeremy gave you the rope, and you bent down to tie your right leg and Jeremy's left together. You look over at Dave and Mr. Guy doing the same. Your manager looked nervous, but Dave seemed ambitious.

After tying your legs together, you and Jeremy stood up. It was a strange feeling to get used to, but you did that fairly quickly. It just took coordination. You both walked to the activity's starting line. Dave walked past and smirked at you. Great. He's going to try to beat us, no matter what. Well, two can play that game.

"Alright, everybody! Teamwork is very important in this exercise! And remember- slow and steady wins this race!" You look to Jeremy and smile. "Ready... Set... Go!"

You and Jeremy set off, working together. You don't go too quickly, but enough to pass some of the others. You pass Mr. Guy and Dave, still focusing on you and Jeremy's movements. You kept at the same pace, making sure to not slip up. As you near the finish line, you hear Dave scream. You try not to think about it, and keep going. You step over the finish line with Jeremy, in first place.

"We did it!" Jeremy shouts. You raise your hand, offering a high five. Jeremy immediately slaps your hand. You forgot how much those hurt.

You untie the two of you, enjoying how it feels to move by yourself again. You look for Mr. Guy and Dave as the others finish, but you don't find them. You shrug.

"Congratulations you two!" They gave you the medals, and you put them on.

"Mr. Guy!" Jeremy yells out. He runs off towards the benches, and you follow. Dave was holding something to his ear. He probably got hurt, so you assume that's why he was screaming.

"Congrats on the first, you two!" Mr. Guy said, nervously. Jeremy thanked him.

"Are you okay?" You ask Dave. He looked up at you, angry.

"Clearly not!" He shouted at you. You took a step back, not wanting to deal with an angry Dave. Jeremy noticed (how could he not, he's right there), and frowned a bit. But, he smiled once again, turning to Dave.

"C'mon, don't look so glum! You guys should get the gold for effort!" Jeremy tried to cheer Dave up.

"Fuck your mother, Fitzgerald."