35

Finding a time when Michael has been alone today has been unusually tough. There hasn't been a minute where he has stepped away from Jeremy's side. It's not like you'll go up to the two and say "hey I saw your license and I know that I'm dating your father, surprise!" You just wouldn't do that. Besides, you aren't sure if Jeremy knows yet, so you don't want to risk them having drama. They both don't need any of that in their lives.

So, when you saw Michael walking into the kitchen, finally alone, you took your chance. You couldn't just ignore what you knew. It doesn't end the curiosities you have.

The door closed behind you as you stepped in. Michael looked up at you and gave a faint smile. "Hi (Y/N)," He greeted. You stood beside him and opened one of the cabinets mounted on the wall.

"I really don't want to make anything awkward. I want you to know that I'm not mad, and that it'll be okay..." You started. You just wanted to make that clear to him, even if he didn't know what you were talking about.

"What do you mean...?"

You took a deep breath. "I saw your license. I promise I didn't mean to be invading your privacy, I was just cleaning! I'm sorry, Fritz." Michael stared at you in shock, before he pushed past you to the door. It won't help either of you if he runs away. "Fritz, stop! Just wait for a second!"

He stopped at the door, turning back to you. Now that you had the chance to speak, you couldn't think of the words to say. Your mind blanked. What are you supposed to say about the situation? You wished you could've bonded with Michael a bit more before this, it would've made things a bit easier. You would know how to approach him and talk about it.

"Listen... I know this is hard for you. I don't need to know anything you don't want to tell me. But, I'm here if you ever want to talk, Michael. You not being named Fritz Smith isn't going to change that. You're still an amazing person," You told him. You were trying to move around the worries in your head and just support Michael. If you could tell anything about that boy, it would be that he needs supportive and protective people in his life that are always there for him. If he wants you to, you are completely willing to be one of those people for him.

A short sob from Michael cuts you out of your thoughts. "T-Thank you..." You weren't prepared for any tears to be shed during this conversation, so you stood there awkwardly. Unsure of what to do, you opened your arms, inviting him into a hug if he wants one. He apparently did, as he stepped into your arms wrapping his arms around you. You hug him back, making sure that he's comfortable. "Do you know?"

You release him from the hug, questioning what he meant. There are a lot of things you do know and lots of things you don't. He'll have to clarify. "About what?"

"My father..."

Here is where you have to stop telling Michael the truth. You can't tell him that you know where his father is. There's no way you could because it would be bad for the both of you. You would have lied and Michael would know that. William would have to leave again. You're sure he doesn't want his son popping in at your house to visit him. You doubt he would enjoy that.

But you can't lie and say you don't know. "I know. He told me a lot. Well, other sources did too." You haven't seen or heard from Scott and Vincent in a while. Maybe you should go talk to them again one day.

Michael's eyes lit up with curiosity. "Do you know where he is?" He asked.

"No, no... he ran away a while ago. I'm sorry, Michael," You apologized. From the context clues that you have gathered during the time he's been working here, you can only assume that Michael is trying to find his father. Whatever the reason may be. You have a guess.